Pioneer Rekordbox software newest version is the worst please help !!!
    Tech Mentor

Default Pioneer Rekordbox software newest version is the worst please help !!!

Hey everyone i just purchase cdj 2000's and love them to death however i downloaded the newest update of Rekordbox from the pioneer website and now everytime i go to export my playlist onto my flashdrive it crashes ... i have uninstalled the software and reinstalled it but nothing and another thing after i uninstall and reinstall my library is always saved ??? not sure if im uninstalling is all the way ... i am running a macbook pro please help !!!

Tech Mentor

bump ! anyone ??

I've found I get crashes whenever it tries to deal with particular files. I haven't worked out whether I have corrupt files in certain playlists, but I had a lot of trouble importing my playlists in the first place. I'm afraid I don't know why it happens so I can't really offer you any help other than to suggest you move things onto your USB stick in small batches so you can narrow down which files cause the crash.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Try reformating your USB stick then exporting.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Tech Mentor

I did reformat my flash drives and it gave me no problems until the next day ... I just call pioneer tech support what assholes but anyway what I did realize is when I downloaded the program to my hard drive I can't access any of the program files on my Mac I can only go three record box threw preferences its wired its like the files are hidden I do t know what to do

Tech Wizard

rekord box is very poorly written software. its is super buggy and crashes if you add to many songs to your library and even when scroll through your library. i recommend adding songs only a few at a time. personally i gave up on rekord box and just started puting my songs in folders on the thumb drive because my 2011 mac book pro kept crashing when i used rekord box.

i've never had problems with the software until the recent 2.0 update. now it just sucks

Key is take it slow, as mentioned before, small adjustments at time.
    But I have to agree with you that version before this latest was more stable atleast for me as mac user.

Tech Guru

Funny thing is Engine's software is just as poor. When adding a bunch of songs a few days ago it crashed. Not sure why these vendors (or us!) tolerate buggy software.