Dual Hard Drive Setup Problems
    Tech Guru

Default Dual Hard Drive Setup Problems

Right now I have a 500GB HD in my macbook Im looking to remove the CD drive add in the SSD. Looking to boot from the SSD and have the other drive as storage. First thing Im doing is backing everything up and then ordering the parts

How would I go about setting it up to have my SSD as the boot drive and HD as storage?

Im also thinking of upgrading the 500GB HD to a 1TB should I do that after setting up the SDD as the boot drive or do the whole process at once?

Looking for the simplest way any advice, pictures, videos, links etc will be helpful thanks
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

Once you install the SSD, you will need to clone your SSD to your current hard drive using a tool like CarbonCopyCloner. I believe there is a free version that is limited to cloning drives, but that is all you need. (Or SuperDuper as an alternative).

Then you set your SSD as your default boot drive via System Preferences > Startup Disk. Once you have booted to your SSD successfully, you can reformat your 500gb HD and use it for storage.

This is a pretty good tutorial. As far as the default boot drive.

Last edited by papo; 11-12-2012 at 08:42 PM.

Tech Guru

thank you papo this helped alot checked out all his macbook mod videos and this will help tremendously looks like Ill have some modifications to do this sunday
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

you're welcome.