Ipad Lemur Users - How to combine multiple templates/modules?

Default Ipad Lemur Users - How to combine multiple templates/modules?

For the life of me, I can't seem to figure out how to combine multiple templates into a single template. I realize that I can import the layout, but the scripts don't seem to come with it. Any suggestions?

Tech Mentor

I havent used it for a while, can you export the scripts and import them back afterwards?
    TSP 2, S2, Audio 8, Maschine, 1210's, Launchpad, iPad, Nocturn 25, LPD8

www.audioj.webs.com S2 users check it out

www.JigAudio.webs.com Maschine goodness & other stuff

Still trying to figure this out. Not sure what you mean - when importing the templates the scripts aren't attached. So far as I can tell the only way to combine is to go through and recreate the script names, then copy/paste the functions over. Thoughts?

Tech Wizard

Click create new interface, so in one giant panel set, just have multiple interfaces (pages). I believe that's what you wanted?
    15" Macbook Pro (2.0 GHz Core i7, 16 GB) Mac OS X 10.7 Ableton Suite 9. iPad (Liine Lemur).

Export the part of the template that you'd like to combine with another template as a module. If you don't know about exporting/importing modules in Lemur Editor, the process is described in the documentation. Open the other template then import the module either on the same page or in a new interface, depending on what you are trying to accomplish.

As for transferring the scripts over, with most templates people create, scripts are usually attached to something, like a specific object or an interface. If you copy/paste or export/import the object or interface to which the script is attached, the script should carry over with it. If the script is not attached to anything, i.e. written and saved in the root of "Project" then I don't know if there is any easy way to transfer it over other than to manually re-create the script and copy/paste its contents.
    2 + 2 = 4

Yeah, the scripts were the problem as most often they are in the root directory of the project. What I've figured out, though, is this:

Create new interface in project

Create container in new interface - I maximized it to cover the entire screen

Right click on the container in the menu, select "Make Tabbed".

Right click the container, then select "Add Tab". Name it something you'll remember, such as the interface name

Import template into project - As far as I can tell you can't import directly into the container, but I could be wrong. At this point you should have your container as well as the imported template in the same root directory.

Select the imported template. Click & drag to select all of its elements (in the main center window, not in the file list). Hit Ctrl+C

Navigate back to your tab under the main container. Hit Ctrl+V to paste all the elements (buttons, etc). This will just put them into place, but no scripts or expressions will be copied.

Select each expression 1 by 1. You can copy/paste them individually over into the tabbed container.

Scripts are a bit trickier. First, double-click on a script in the root directory. This will select the entirety of the script. Hit Ctrl+C. Then, in the tabbed container, create a new script with the same name. You can then Ctrl+V the script into the new script shell. Make sure that you pay attention to the type of script that it is (such as MIDI_ARGS) and match it to the original script.

That's about it. It takes a little time to import templates like this (which is only designated by the .jzml filename) as these ahve been saved as projects rather than modules.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions!