I have a dilemma!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I have a dilemma!

Hey all, I recently came across a pair technic 1210 m5gs for really cheap 200$ each, but i have to have them repaired. My first question is how much would repair be generally for these turntables, one of them has sound but the sound quality is very poor, someone i talked to said it may be the grounding. The other TT doesn't work at all or barely works no clue whats wrong with that one, it may be the wiring. But generally i just need a general price estimation on how much repair would be. My second dilemma is (sorry for all the writing and explaining) I'm stuck between whether to get the traktor Z2 and sell my traktor kontrol s2 and begin to start saving for the Z2. Or to keep my s2 as well for mobility(maybe sell it down the line) and get traktor a6 and stick with my stanton m203 mixer (possibly get a better mixer later) and add others maybe like a kontrol f1 or x1 or novation dicers.

Thanks for reading, i'd love some input & advice.

Technics are VERY easy to fix, is it doesnt work, it can be either the RCA connections are poorly soldered or just dont exist, or the board the tone arm is bad.

As for the that has poor sound, sounds like RCA issue or ground, easy fixes for both especially at $200/each. If you dont want them, let me know where they are and ill snag them! lol

Quote Originally Posted by DeeJayJade View Post
    If you dont want them, let me know where they are and ill snag them! lol
    Same lol.

Thanks for the responses on fixing my turntables, any idea on where can i find a place to get them repaired? And any advice is appreciated on what I should do with my second dilemma.

There's a couple of people here who specialize in 1200 repairs, but I can't remember their names off the top of my head...
    Dell Studio XPS 1645 | TSP 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Audio 6 | HDJ-1000 | Alto PAM5A

Look for 'Turntable Pimp' on facebook if you're in the UK, ive heard good things about him and you only have to look at the pictures hes uploaded to see he knows what hes doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    Yeah I really regret getting 1200s; they're obsolete.
    --said no one ever

also the s2 doesn´t phono ins. so without any mixer you won´t be able to use those technics once they´re repaired.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

I have a mixer already, the stanton m203 i'm just considering whether i should sell it or not and get the Z2, or get traktor a6 instead.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

The simple answer is buy them. NOW!!!!!!
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

^ this. For $400 a pair, if you can't get them fixed you can easily get your money back
    If you don't have haters, you're not doing it right

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast