Reason people buy the DJM900 over the DJM2000?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Reason people buy the DJM900 over the DJM2000?

After recently selling my DJM700 i'm looking to upgrade.

Besides the obvious reasons of the 900 having the classic Pioneer layout, Traktor Certified, the 2000 touch screen sucks and it hasn't had a firmware update in over a year is there any reason people prefer the DJM900?

I'm really stuck between the two, really edging towards the 2000 but still not 100% sure.

Good question - not much difference in price, is there?

Bloody expensive, though!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Yeah bloody expensive is right!

Just something i have wondered, i'm getting both mixers at the same price so price isn't an issue. Just wondering really.

Touch screen seems like a bot of a (badly executed) novelty to be honest. If I had to choose (and I wish I could afford to!) I'd grab the 900.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

PM Hedgehog, I think he got a 2000 and then switched to a 900.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Patch, that's the exact answer i get from quite a bit of people, not really fond of the touch screen, i think i just like the buttons for effects rather than the knob.

Thanks Photo! Will do!

Tech Guru

I went for the 900 mainly due to being traktor certified and not having to fuck about wiring my audio 8 up all the time...also ill note that since getting the 900, ive barely touched the fx in traktor
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Thanks Chris. That's the first time ive heard someone say they have dropped the effects in Traktor for the mixers ones..

I forgot to mention that i use vinyl/CD's to mix with mainly, will eventually get CDJ2000's to move over to USB. So the Traktor certification isn't too big an issue as i only use Traktor once a month or so for pure home use.

If you think you want a 900, and don't need Traktor certification, you actually want a 2000. The reason the 900 exists is due to the updated sound card, and the fact that the average DJ is borderline autistic when it comes to gear, and will lambast and fear a piece of gear due to a single perception about it.

Speaking as a person who owns a 2000, and has played on half a dozen 900s. The only improvement the 900 makes (aside from the sound card) is the faders (slightly, they have an aluminum rail), and the compressor effect (which half of the 900's user base hasnt even figured out exists). That is literally it. Virtually every single aspect of the 2000 that directly differs from the 900 is markedly superior to it's counterpart in multiple ways, and mixing on a 900 is almost frustrating after living on a 2000.

But this is the internet, so a majority of people who bought a 900 out of wariness or have never even touched a 2000 will tell you their opinions based on the thumbnail sized picture they may have seen of it at some point, and tell you to go for the 900 based on the fact that it's what Pioneer is pushing.

If you have any direct questions about it, I'd be happy to answer them (I've owned a 2000 for about a year now).

Tech Mentor

if you're spending the money on a top of the range mixer then take a look at the allen & heath DB4.
    i auditioned it against the 900 and 2000 and it came out on top by a big margin, especially in the sound quality department.
    A&H are constantly evolving the functions, listening to the users and adding new features and new FX, something pioneer are not able to do with their DJM series currently. worth a look...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast