Mixers & the Oxygen 8
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Mixers & the Oxygen 8

I'm awaiting delivery of my Oxygen 8. I guess initially I will have to mix internally (using the laptop keyboard) so I was planning to buy a basic external mixer. Trouble is, I know nothing about mixers. Can someone recommend a pretty basic mixer that I can basically just use for crossfading and EQing?

i think m-audio x-session would do that job. it´s pretty basic but should fit ur needs. do u already have a soundcard?
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Tech Wizard

Thanks. Yeah, got a soundcard.

ur welcome!

Tech Mentor

Maybe a used denon x300, I picked up mine for only $200 and it gets the job done. Also, look into trying to find a used mixer off the elcer nuo line, there's probably still some of the old nuo 2 (not 2.0) mixers floating around out there for the cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by n2hf1st View Post
    Maybe a used denon x300, I picked up mine for only $200 and it gets the job done. Also, look into trying to find a used mixer off the elcer nuo line, there's probably still some of the old nuo 2 (not 2.0) mixers floating around out there for the cheap.
    yeah well that are analog mixers so that means that he would not be able to use them for traktor or any other digidjprog
    Last edited by Ed Paris; 07-18-2009 at 09:09 AM.

Tech Wizard

hold on, is that right?

I'm thinking the setup looks like this: Laptop -> Oxygen 8 -> soundcard (m-audio quattro in this case) -> mixer...

I thought an analog mixer would be fine?
    Last edited by tr0uble; 07-18-2009 at 09:22 AM.

yeah it would work if ur soundcart would support 2 decks out...i don´t know if ur soundcard has that function? so if not u could just controll the sound that comes out of the masterchannel...

i use Macbook>NI Audio 8>shitty 3 channel gemini FX7000, bought 2nd hand off eBay with my turntables (which are now redundant in terms of my setup)

If you have a soundcard which supports 2 outs (which i'm sure yours does) then you'll need a mixer's xfader. I recommend, if you're not too bothered and are on a budget, literally find the cheapest 2/3 channel job on eBay as long as it works. Also (since you're from England) check out 2nd hand hardware stores, or CashConverters.. they's both awesome for second hand mixers for pennies. Unless you're going to use it to play out in clubs (house parties and your own small events are fiine) don't worry about getting a decent mixer.. and pump your saved cash back into the midi side IMHO!

Also if you're interested.. check out my youtube vids on the Oxygen 8 with traktor.. you'll see my setup and how I use it http://www.youtube.com/user/belchable is my channel

Happy midi-mapping

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by belchman View Post
    i use Macbook>NI Audio 8>shitty 3 channel gemini FX7000, bought 2nd hand off eBay with my turntables (which are now redundant in terms of my setup)

If you have a soundcard which supports 2 outs (which i'm sure yours does) then you'll need a mixer's xfader. I recommend, if you're not too bothered and are on a budget, literally find the cheapest 2/3 channel job on eBay as long as it works. Also (since you're from England) check out 2nd hand hardware stores, or CashConverters.. they's both awesome for second hand mixers for pennies. Unless you're going to use it to play out in clubs (house parties and your own small events are fiine) don't worry about getting a decent mixer.. and pump your saved cash back into the midi side IMHO!

Also if you're interested.. check out my youtube vids on the Oxygen 8 with traktor.. you'll see my setup and how I use it http://www.youtube.com/user/belchable is my channel

Happy midi-mapping
    Thanks mate, just been watching your videos, your setup is pretty much exactly what I was aiming for/imagining.

Love the cue points on 'Killer' (it is Killer, right?) - is that part of a signature mix of yours?

And yeah, the soundcard supports 2 outs.. the M-audio quattro is what Ean used to have. I love this site!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast