Updating Vestax firmware on a VCI-400 SE ?
    Tech Student

Default Updating Vestax firmware on a VCI-400 SE ?

Hi,
    Starting off with a new PC, I thought I'd get the latest driver before connecting my VCI.
    Vestax latest version is 1.52
    -Less CPU load when used with PC
    -Improved latency settings on PC
    -Minor bugs fixed
    Sounds good, but according to Vestax website again
    The VCI-400 firmware also requires an update to enable the fixes in ASIO driver ver 1.52.
    Follow the instructions below to update the VCI-400 ASIO driver and firmware.
    Since the VCI-400 SE uses a custom firmware, should I forget about it and stick with the driver from the cd ?
    Thanks for your help

I asked this same question on Facebook to a vestax Vci 400 user group. I had three replies from people with the ege and they said it functioned just fine! I have not done it yet though, so I cannot say first hand that it does, just passing on what others have said.
    Macbook 13" 4 gb ram, traktor pro 2.6, kontrol x1, Kontrol z2, kontrol f1, midi fighter spectra, midi fighter 3d,
    Text, let's talk about edm or mixing! 831-801-1774

Tech Mentor

so you can update the firmware on the se and it wont effect anything at all?

According to them, it should not. Ill give it a go tomorrow night (pacific standard time) and I'll let you know.
    Macbook 13" 4 gb ram, traktor pro 2.6, kontrol x1, Kontrol z2, kontrol f1, midi fighter spectra, midi fighter 3d,
    Text, let's talk about edm or mixing! 831-801-1774

Tech Wizard

I also had an email from product support stating that we can apply the stand alone mixer firmware update to the EGE with no effect on the DJTT fw. Apparently the unit has different firmwares for different areas function.
    Look forward to hearing how the driver fw update goes!
    vci400se | envy beats i7 | traktor pro 2.5.1

Tech Wizard

I upgraded my firmware to v2 the other day. In fact the MIDI works unchanged (at least I noted no difference until now) but I noted the following differences in audio: (on my Windows 7 64 bit / TPro 2.6)

1. Performance issues:
    BEFORE: Sometimes, afer some hours of usage, in particular when i changed the TSI, I had some performance issues (even at 1024 samples with 48kHz with Vestax and/or AsioforAll v2. drivers): after some time uf usage TPs CPU load bar went to the red area and crackls and pops rendered the system unusable --> reboot.
    NOW: after the update: The performance issues disappeared so far (knock knock knock on wood)

2. The ability to use 96kHz disappeared from the audio settings menues of either asio drivers (only 44,1 and 48 available) (strange - maybe i did something wrong, but i use now 48kHz without any problems so far)

PS:
    I also use Maschine and before strived to link Maschine audio out and TP audio in together with Vrtual Audio Cable (software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.htm) together with asioforall that allows access to multiple soundcards via one dirver. I had to give up those trials as I experienced problem (1) and i thought it was due to Vac. Now I am trying VAc again and so far it did work fine.... But i have to do more stress tests in the upcoming weeks to really be sure ...

Yeah everything working fine for me after the upgrade to stand alone mixer. Make sure you install the tsi file twice.
    ::: mixing music that feeds the soul ::: iTunes | House-mixes.com | Mixcloud
    "If the music you're listening to doesn't give you goosebumps, you're listening to the wrong genre."