Getting a microphone to work with an Audio Kontrol 1

Default Getting a microphone to work with an Audio Kontrol 1

Right, invested in my VCI100 SE and picked up an Audio Kontrol 1 as the soundcard - largely as it's got balanced outs, and can take a microphone input.

I use the microphone when I'm doing my internerd radio show (http://www.purple-radio.co.uk - shameless plug), and I can't get the damn thing working.

VCI &TPro are fine, sound is sorted for that, and I split the master out and route it to my laptops line in, using winamp and shoutcast DSP to broadcast. Winamp has a mic push to talk but it doesn't seem to do much.

Any ideas?
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Tech Guru

what kind of mic do you have? i tried on my AK1 with a 1/4" connector and that didnt work, so I had to get an XLR adapter and now things are working fine.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Quote Originally Posted by lsmith View Post
    what kind of mic do you have? i tried on my AK1 with a 1/4" connector and that didnt work, so I had to get an XLR adapter and now things are working fine.
    Cheap jobbie from Maplin, but it's on an XLR
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Tech Guru

Hmm, I presume you also have the proper source selected on the AK1. Usually with technical issues the best course of action is to try and simplify the setup to the point where you either know that something is seriously broken or you get things to work. Then start adding in all the bells and whistles of the final setup until you figure out which step breaks things.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

The mic is the added extra I suppose. I've got the basic sound sorted - I suppose I'll just tinker with it

Tech Mentor

mm... maplin.. i had my first experience with maplin today. it is a cool store.