Future of traktor - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Agreed. I think mixes that are "programmed" should be called studio mixes, whereas all our mixes are done live with one or two takes and are actual dj sets. What i mean is they are more of a representation of how we sound live, pretty much. A mate of ours showed me some stuff in ableton and i was super impressed with its live capabilities, if thats how you use it.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

yeah, it's really cool! it's got a totally different function to Traktor, so compliments it really well!

I think any mix without any imperfection in kinda unrealistic, and just sounds naff to anyone in the know... long live live use!

Yep, traktor and live are both awesome tools. our friend stutz has a mass library of loops etc in live and basically creates a unique mix with those loops. i actually have a "copy" of version 7 but haven't had time to have a good look.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

The amount of preparation needed for a live set using Ableton is massive... but it's also a joy to create new compositions on the fly!

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djserdan View Post
    One thing that dj's are using a lot, at least here in Brazil, is the Video-SL plugin for Serato.

I can't imagine this feature in Traktor anytime soon but I can see a lot of DJ's moving to Serato just because of this feature.
    This is not the feedback that NI is recieving.
    Yes there are many users that wish to see VJ capability in Traktor but most dont.
    Theres so much more to Traktor than Serato when it comes to FX etc so thats where the attention is. Serato is great in its own way.

Isnt a good thing that both softs offer different features and go down different paths? I think so.

No-ones leaving Traktor cus it aint got Video they are coming to Traktor because its got tons of other stuff...

And yes i like Serato. I just prefer Traktor.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567