Need urgent help with audio setup! - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

People are also asking you obvious things because a majority of the time people have issues with technical products, it tends to be something obvious that fixes the issue. I work in IT and at least half the time I troubleshoot something the answer is obvious. For instance I had someone who couldn't print so our help desk asked if the printer was powered on. Her response was it was clearly powered on and it couldn't be something that stupid. She thought it was jammed though she said the display had no jam message. When I got there guess what, the printer was off. In her mind the question was stupid because it has never been off previously yet she didn't want to take the 5 seconds to check because we were insulting her intelligence. The point is sometimes simple things happen and you need to check for them when troubleshooting. These questions may seem unhelpful but in fact its just the opposite.

Now if fep is correct that there is a conflict with your OS using the denon as the soundcard that isn't necessarily CLEARLY the issue because countless people do not generally have that problem. The good news is that it should take you less than 20 seconds to test it. Just set the computers souncard as the device for the OS and try again.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by squidot View Post
    People are also asking you obvious things because a majority of the time people have issues with technical products, it tends to be something obvious that fixes the issue. I work in IT and at least half the time I troubleshoot something the answer is obvious. For instance I had someone who couldn't print so our help desk asked if the printer was powered on. Her response was it was clearly powered on and it couldn't be something that stupid. She thought it was jammed though she said the display had no jam message. When I got there guess what, the printer was off. In her mind the question was stupid because it has never been off previously yet she didn't want to take the 5 seconds to check because we were insulting her intelligence. The point is sometimes simple things happen and you need to check for them when troubleshooting. These questions may seem unhelpful but in fact its just the opposite.

Now if fep is correct that there is a conflict with your OS using the denon as the soundcard that isn't necessarily CLEARLY the issue because countless people do not generally have that problem. The good news is that it should take you less than 20 seconds to test it. Just set the computers souncard as the device for the OS and try again.

So instead of having the mc3000 SC as the primary I should have the default comp SC as it's primary?

Could the problem also lie in the fact that I am using a desktop instead of a laptop? I don't think this could be the issue but who knows right?

And I am 100% sure the issue isn't something as obvious as the power being turned on.

Quote Originally Posted by DemiAlex View Post
    So instead of having the mc3000 SC as the primary I should have the default comp SC as it's primary?

Could the problem also lie in the fact that I am using a desktop instead of a laptop? I don't think this could be the issue but who knows right?
    Nope. A computer is a computer.

Have your OS soundcard set to the internal computer soundcard

Have your Soundcard in Traktor set to the Denon MC3000.

This is getting hilarious. Seriously dude, find someone in your area that knows this stuff and get them to help you.. A sound guy? Someone from a music store? Another DJ? Any musician?

Tech Mentor

I may not know much about the technicalities of audio, but EVERY suggestion posted here are just pointing to the most obvious.

"Is Deck A selected?" - Yea... OBVIOUSLY...

"Is the track even playing?" - What? Yes, the track is playing...

"Is your crossfader in the right position?" - Yes... jesus...

"Is your controller soundcard even selected as the primary?" - OBVIOUSLY

"Are any of your effects on?" - No...

All of these suggestions are just plain obvious and not helpful at all. YES, it is my fault that I have not researched further into the technical aspects of audio, but come on, seriously? "is the track even playing?" come on bro.

The only member here that seems to know exactly what the issue is fullenglishpint, windows is using my controller soundcard as its primary and is not letting any sound come out from traktor. If YOU actually read my post, this is CLEARLY the issue...
    Not for nothing but, its YOU not me that can't get your controller to work. This is nursery school DJ. Even if your soundcard was selected as your main computer soundcard, it still has nothing to do with it also being selected in Traktor, it means that all your computer sounds would come out of the speakers hooked to your controller. Traktor would still work.

Keep calm people.

There have been cases where having the same sound card selected for system audio and traktor has caused problems.

OP, have you tried what I suggested? Select the default sound card for system audio and restart. If that doesn't work, it's not the problem.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Keep calm people.

There have been cases where having the same sound card selected for system audio and traktor has caused problems.

OP, have you tried what I suggested? Select the default sound card for system audio and restart. If that doesn't work, it's not the problem.
    You have fixed my long lasting problem, thank you so much.

You have fixed my long lasting problem, thank you so much.
    youre kidding me right?
    8 pages of replies and the answer was something that you would have seen in the MANUAL probably under
    *STEP 3

in attaching and starting Traktor ?

I kept telling him to RTFM but he insisted on letting people here do the work for him. At least the "mystery is solved". I'd say he owes fullenglishpint, well, ummm, a full english pint, at the very least.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    I kept telling him to RTFM but he insisted on letting people here do the work for him. At least the "mystery is solved". I'd say he owes fullenglishpint, well, ummm, a full english pint, at the very least.
    +1

Picture-92-300x209.png

Glad its been sorted matey. You others, keep the smart-assery to your mom's basement.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678