Need urgent help with audio setup! - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

you probably should have gotten a cable like this instead of the way you have it hooked up now. it's the only one needed and would have gotten you away from using all the adapters you have in your setup.
    http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...t=1#largeimage

you can also read the manual here at the bottom right of the page there's a link:
    http://usa.d-mpro.com/us/denondj/Pro...oductId=MC3000

take out the input routing in traktor. also make sure you haven't disabled the device in the denon asio control panel (see page 7 of the manual).
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Tech Mentor

I do have that cable, the only reason it doesn't look like that in my pic because it's connected to cable jacks, but it's exactly that cable.

in theory it should be the same there's just an adapter involved. i just find it better to have the straightest connection possible when you can as there are less pieces prone to failure, which makes troubleshooting easier.

did you check your denon soundcard control panel?
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Demi
    you had a cable called "Dual make RCA to single Female RCA" thats the link to the first pic you posted
    A) You need to make sure that Female end of it, is applicable for STEREO and not JUST for mono. THis could be why you get no sound coming out all together.

B) You posted the pic of your RCA cables but the ends are inserted into something so we cant see if these are STEREO ends either. They could be MONO as well.

How do you know if any end of anything MALE is stereo? Simple... look at it... the part that inserts.... it should have TWO black rings on it. If you see ONE, its mono. If you see TWO, its stereo.

Again, you dont know what that FEMALE end of your RCA splitter is.
    It has two male ends and a single female end and they ALL need to be stereo. or something is getting turned off.

now explain something very simply to me and when i say SIMPLE
    i mean just that. Dont give really deep details
    just give the basics

you have apparently the ability to go STEREO ( left and right )output from your mixer.
    And you are trying to get the sound to do directly from the back of your mixer / controller and come OUT of your desktop speakers?

Meanwhile the only way to get sound INTO the speakers is
    a) a single green plug / wire that sticking off your speaker (right one) and the left speaker is attached with a perminant cord

or

B) your desktop speaker (right one) is perminantly attached to the (left one) ANNNND the right one has a hole in it where you are supposed to plug a GREEN computer soundcard wire into?

which is it?

Quote Originally Posted by DemiAlex View Post
    I do have that cable, the only reason it doesn't look like that in my pic because it's connected to cable jacks, but it's exactly that cable.
    no DEMI thats not the cable you have. Not at all

the one your posted on the first page is this
    http://i48.tinypic.com/ilhhko.jpg

What i see is here a cable (RCA Left and RCA right) attached to a pair of RCA x 1/4"

What he posted above is the same physically but theres no way for us to know if your RCA male ends are stereo or mono.

I think what you are trying is something i tried YEARS ago only to realize it was never going to work because of your final output and how it works.

but i need you to answer my previous post to get the root of it my friend

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by antifmradio View Post
    Demi
    you had a cable called "Dual make RCA to single Female RCA" thats the link to the first pic you posted
    A) You need to make sure that Female end of it, is applicable for STEREO and not JUST for mono. THis could be why you get no sound coming out all together.

B) You posted the pic of your RCA cables but the ends are inserted into something so we cant see if these are STEREO ends either. They could be MONO as well.

How do you know if any end of anything MALE is stereo? Simple... look at it... the part that inserts.... it should have TWO black rings on it. If you see ONE, its mono. If you see TWO, its stereo.

Again, you dont know what that FEMALE end of your RCA splitter is.
    It has two male ends and a single female end and they ALL need to be stereo. or something is getting turned off.

now explain something very simply to me and when i say SIMPLE
    i mean just that. Dont give really deep details
    just give the basics

you have apparently the ability to go STEREO ( left and right )output from your mixer.
    And you are trying to get the sound to do directly from the back of your mixer / controller and come OUT of your desktop speakers?

Meanwhile the only way to get sound INTO the speakers is
    a) a single green plug / wire that sticking off your speaker (right one) and the left speaker is attached with a perminant cord

or

B) your desktop speaker (right one) is perminantly attached to the (left one) ANNNND the right one has a hole in it where you are supposed to plug a GREEN computer soundcard wire into?

which is it?

Neither,

my desktop speakers (left and right) are interconnected through a single wire, and another wire to attach both speakers together since one of the speakers supply the power and the single aux chord, which I simply plug into my desktop.

I checked my cables and this what I apparently bought;

1.8M Audio Y-Cable, 3.5mm stereo right angle male to dual rca phono male

Quote Originally Posted by antifmradio View Post
    no DEMI thats not the cable you have. Not at all

the one your posted on the first page is this
    http://i48.tinypic.com/ilhhko.jpg

What i see is here a cable (RCA Left and RCA right) attached to a pair of RCA x 1/4"

What he posted above is the same physically but theres no way for us to know if your RCA male ends are stereo or mono.

I think what you are trying is something i tried YEARS ago only to realize it was never going to work because of your final output and how it works.

but i need you to answer my previous post to get the root of it my friend
    This is a mind blowing post.

1) He has an RCA-3.5mm cable, you are incorrect.

2) What the fuck is a stereo RCA lead? RCA cables are mono by design, hence why there's two of them.

3) If the cables were mono, it would still catch a signal, it would just only catch the tip output signal.

EDIT: Whatever that adapter is, it's most likely causing the problem with phase inversion/summing.
    Last edited by Shishdisma; 11-15-2012 at 02:14 AM.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Shishdisma View Post
    This is a mind blowing post.

1) He has an RCA-3.5mm cable, you are incorrect.

2) What the fuck is a stereo RCA lead? RCA cables are mono by design, hence why there's two of them.

3) If the cables were mono, it would still catch a signal, it would just only catch the tip output signal.

EDIT: Whatever that adapter is, it's most likely causing the problem with phase inversion/summing.
    What kind of adapter should I look out for then? I have a gig this friday and I need to buy it asap.

Quote Originally Posted by DemiAlex View Post
    What kind of adapter should I look out for then? I have a gig this friday and I need to buy it asap.
    Oh lord!
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Stereo 1/8" female, to 2 x 1/4" RCA male adaptor. That's all you should need. Plug the RCA's into you unbalanced output. Plug the speaker cable into the 1/8" female connector. route MASTER to outputs 1&2 in Traktor. This is DJ 101 class stuff, not knocking you kid, but if this sort of thing is causing you problems, perhaps DJ'ing isn't the hobby for you. You say you have a gig on Friday ! ...with laptop/desktop speakers ? Oh Lord +1
    XPS L701x i7 16GbRAM 2x 500Gb SSD RAID HD (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) 1 x 1Tb 7200 int.
    TSP 2.6.1 ¦ Audio 8 ¦ Audio 4 ¦ 4 x Denon SC-2000 ¦ 2 x DX2 ¦ EMU shortboard ¦ MIDI_FIGHTER_PRO_PLUS
    SL1210Mk5 x 2 ¦ Numark TTX x2 ¦ DJM-T1 ¦ DDM4000 MIDI Mixer ¦ Numark 4TRAK ¦ neoD+ cables
    8000+ 45's & 2500+ 12's ¦ 2 x Traktor Kontrol S4 ¦ X1 & F1

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast