Need urgent help with audio setup! - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DemiAlex View Post
    The speakers are OBVIOUSLY plugged in to the power, I may be clueless but come on man..
    I think what he's laughing at is that the speakers actually are powered. Passive (non powered) speakers need a separate source of power, like some earlier posters mentioned. Your speakers are powered, as in they have their own power cable and don't need external amplification. This might be part of the confusion for people in this thread. Anyway, good luck with your gig today, and have fun. Hope everything gets sorted out by then.
    "My friend's cat's hairdresser's botanist told me so." -Newg

Quote Originally Posted by paulie.phonic View Post
    u CANT GO BALANCED TO UNBALANCED! when there are rca's coming out the back of your controller and u need rca to hook up- use those outputs!!
    Yes you can. Unbalanced to balanced can cause you problems, but the other way round is fine. Assuming you have the right adapter that is.

If you're using RCA cables, just plug into the unbalanced RCA jacks. There's no advantage to using the balanced outs if you use RCA cables, you can't magically make them balanced.

If you want to learn more about audio connections, read the guide I wrote. It's linked in my signature.
    Last edited by fullenglishpint; 11-16-2012 at 10:35 AM.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Yes you can. Unbalanced to balanced can cause you problems, but the other way round is fine. Assuming you have the right adapter that is.

If you're using RCA cables, just plug into the unbalanced RCA jacks. There's no advantage to using the balanced outs if you use RCA cables, you can't magically make them balanced.

If you want to learn more about audio connections, read the guide I wrote. It's linked in my signature.
    Cheers, I really need to learn more about the audio system and how it works, so I will defo check out your guide.

If the cable/adapter is the problem, what kind should I buy? The one I bought as mentioned previously is a Stereo right-angle male to dual rca phono male.

If you just use an RCA to 3.5mm jack cable like you already have and hook it up to the RCA ports on your controller. I'll second what others have said about making sure you know what kind of inputs the speakers at your gig will have and getting hold of the right adapter/cable.

If you're still not getting sound out using the RCA cable, it's either a problem with your audio setup in traktor or your audio drivers, or a dead cable.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    If you just use an RCA to 3.5mm jack cable like you already have and hook it up to the RCA ports on your controller. I'll second what others have said about making sure you know what kind of inputs the speakers at your gig will have and getting hold of the right adapter/cable.

If you're still not getting sound out using the RCA cable, it's either a problem with your audio setup in traktor or your audio drivers, or a dead cable.
    Hm, I don't know what the problem could be.

I'm pretty sure it's not my traktor settings, since I just use the default settings from the set up wizard, which is what my Denon manual is telling me to do.

It cant be the cables because these are NEW cables, and when I connect them to an amplifier, I can hear the static which means they are properly connected.

There is still no sound coming out, aside from static nose from the amplifier.

I honestly don't know anymore what the issue is, my controller is connected from an RCA cable, L and R unbalanced into the input slot on the amp, it seriously cannot be more complicated than this can it?

My traktor says there is volume playing, and my controller volume threshold is on the reds, yet there is still no sound...

Tech Mentor

The controller is DEFINATELY plugged in correctly to the amp, tons of static and a popping noise whenever i turn off/on my controller.

So the problem is the traktor settings? I use the quick set up guide, and my controller input and output settings are correct.

for output, my monitor is mc3000 3 for L and mc3000 4 for R, and master is mc3000 1 for L and mc3000 2 for R

The controller is DEFINATELY plugged in correctly to the amp, tons of static and a popping noise whenever i turn off/on my controller.

So the problem is the traktor settings? I use the quick set up guide, and my controller input and output settings are correct.

for output, my monitor is mc3000 3 for L and mc3000 4 for R, and master is mc3000 1 for L and mc3000 2 for R
    Outputs 1 n 2 goto deck 1 n 2.

3 n 4 goto your monitors.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by AllDay View Post
    Outputs 1 n 2 goto deck 1 n 2.

3 n 4 goto your monitors.
    well yeah thats what my audio set up is...

I dont know if this is anything to note, but my skype alert thingy just came on the amp, so could it be that the amp is taking sound from my comp instead of my controller?

well yeah thats what my audio set up is...

I dont know if this is anything to note, but my skype alert thingy just came on the amp, so could it be that the amp is taking sound from my comp instead of my controller?
    Do you have your sound card selected as the denon in audio setup and built in soundcard?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by AllDay View Post
    Do you have your sound card selected as the denon in audio setup and built in soundcard?
    Yes, DENON DJ ASIO Driver and as win built in soundcard the exact same thing.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast