Sl1d3Flo Traktor mapping for Novation Twitch - official thread - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

GUYS! It is finally here! The mapping is done and is ready to be downloaded. The mapping number 1551! https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/1551

Tech Wizard

Hey, mates! How is it? Would you give me some feedback? Is there anything missing? Do you experience any problems?

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Sl1d3Flo View Post
    Hey, mates! How is it? Would you give me some feedback? Is there anything missing? Do you experience any problems?
    Hey there. I have not used your newest mapper for the Twitch so I cannot comment. However I discovered a neat trick you may add if you have not already. Basically I made a talkover button for the mic button so when you hold it down it drops the volume on decks 1,2 and 4, enables aux mic on deck 3 and pushes a few other things like EQ and gain (My mic don't cut it) then returns them to normal when you release the button. This allows me to use some effects on the mic as well as dropping the volume of the tracks while I talk. It's not auto talkover but better than nothing. I may investigate your mapper later on.

down ? deck 3 gain_slider +0.5 & deck 3 linein 'mic' & holding & deck 1 volume 50% & deck 2 volume 50% & deck 4 volume 50% & deck 3 eq_high 100% & deck 3 eq_mid 100% : deck 3 linein 'mic' off & mic off & deck 1 volume 100% & deck 2 volume 100% & deck 4 volume 100% & deck 3 eq_high 50% & deck 3 eq_mid 50% & deck 3 gain_slider -0.5

Hey Sl1d3Flo,

I've tested your mapping out, and tbh, I find it hard to grasp, even with the tutorial printed out beside me.
    The workflow of http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=70141 is pretty straight forward, and I suggest you to look into this mapping. It has full potential becoming even better, with the suggested replies in the thread of peepz.
    Toastmaster seems to be vanished off the planet tho....
    I have a few thingies I'd still love to see incorporated in that mapping, but since I'm a noob in programming a mapping, maybe u would like to take it to the next level?

Tech Wizard

Hey Bas Curtiz,

Yeah, I definitely agree that the whole thing is complex as nothing else. But this is a performance mapping and there are few people to use it every day. I do. Because I've been to various music situations and still have to work them out creatively on the fly. As for the Toastmaster's mapping…It's genius but absolutely different. Just different. I want you to understand that. Mine is not straight forward. The concept of my mapping is "Total and creative control for 2 decks (4 are rarely used/used as RMX decks) and expressive FX performance tools". Sorry not to mention that earlier.
    I am making this mapping more convenient and logical at the moment. That is why I still have no video walkthrough. I hope to put it all right ASAP.
    I would really like to hear your ideas! Anything can help a lot. PM me or post it right here. We are all here for the sake of art of controllerism and DJing.

Hey Bas Curtiz,

Yeah, I definitely agree that the whole thing is complex as nothing else. But this is a performance mapping and there are few people to use it every day. I do. Because I've been to various music situations and still have to work them out creatively on the fly. As for the Toastmaster's mapping…It's genius but absolutely different. Just different. I want you to understand that. Mine is not straight forward. The concept of my mapping is "Total and creative control for 2 decks (4 are rarely used/used as RMX decks) and expressive FX performance tools". Sorry not to mention that earlier.
    I am making this mapping more convenient and logical at the moment. That is why I still have no video walkthrough. I hope to put it all right ASAP.
    I would really like to hear your ideas! Anything can help a lot. PM me or post it right here. We are all here for the sake of art of controllerism and DJing.
    Hey Sl1d3Flo,

So I got a new Twitch today after using a numark total control for awhile. I didn't bother with serato itch since i'm used to traktor already, but in looking for a good mapping (I heard the default sucks). I'm having trouble importing yours. After i import it should I set all the inputs and outputs to the twitch? Or only the deck related ones? Looking forward to trying this mapping , since i'm used to only 2 decks and i want to get crazy with them

Tech Wizard

Hey mate,
    Yeah, all inputs and outputs (except for "Clock") should be set to Twitch.
    This is the right mapping to get crazy with 2 decks)
    A major update is coming up by the way!
    Cheers!

Hey mate,
    Yeah, all inputs and outputs (except for "Clock") should be set to Twitch.
    This is the right mapping to get crazy with 2 decks)
    A major update is coming up by the way!
    Cheers!
    Thanks for the reply! Can we expect a video soon as well? This mapping is so complex yet quite rewarding thanks again for your efforts on it

Tech Convert

Sl1d3Flo your mapping is just awesome !! I'm testing it as we speak and whaaaoooowwwww !!!!!

Tech Convert

Hey Sl1deFlo, Im just checking out your mapping finally and am having no luck with the effects or get the shift button to function at all.... - im feeling like a total noob right now. Has your mapping been affected by the 2.6.2 updates? If so what do I do to fix? Im really looking forward to hitting up some tracks with your map man so cheers again for the efforts- certainly must have been a lot of work to get all that up and running! I look forward to hearing anyone that might be able to lend a brain to me for a sec.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast