Sl1d3Flo Traktor mapping for Novation Twitch - official thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tech Student

Hey! beta version is amazing! But instead of Slicer more useful in my opinion will be loop section. Cant wait for full version and overlay ! :_) Best mapping i ever seen! Greetings!

Tech Wizard

Thanks! Really pleased to hear you like it! Yeah, I thought about that, but loop control via the pitch knob seems reasonable enough having in mind the fact that it also changes the beatjump step)

An update has kicked in!

Guys, I use the mapping in my gigs each week, so I'll make it as usable as possible, trust me!

Banned

I'm going to give this a go on 2.6.1 tonight.

Is there a manual for the beta by any chance?

Banned

Well I dont know why but I cant seem to get it to work. When I import2x (using big button) Nothing really works. I have to switch the ports on the different elements in the dropdown menu to twitch. But I still didnt know of this was right. Because it wasnt acting right after doing that. I would see some of the effects units doing things, But nothing really was happening, Hot cues worked though..
    Not sure what im doing wrong here
    thanks

Same here rapidcharger
    LOAD buttons do and loading a song and putting it to the CUE - no idea how to un-cue it.
    CUE and PLAY works like it suppose to be
    HOTCUES working aswell
    KEY and SYNC above CUE and PLAY buttons work
    there's something wacky going on with the buttons above KEY and SYNC - they suppose to en/disable Effect 1 and 2 for DECK A and B
    ohwell, I could go on but I'll just wait for the video-tutorial or pdf-manual - bump

makes me wanna buy a twitch!!
    MBP 13' 256 SSD 8Gb RAM. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.8 | MF Classic | NI Audio 2 | NI Audio 10 | CDJ1000MK3 (2) | Technics 1200MKII (4) | A&H Xone 92 (UK) | NI Kontrol F1 | Ipad 4 | Korg Kaoss Pad Mini | Ableton Live Suite.

Tech Wizard

Guys, I'm terribly sorry for being away for so long. I have too much business at the moment.

Well, the mapping is complex as !@#$, so I'm sure you are experiencing some bugs or modifier conflicts. Is the transport functionality fine? I'll be posting a manual with some comments in a day. Unfortunately there are still some things to be thought up about the concept.

And, thank you all for being interested in my work.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Sl1d3Flo View Post
    Guys, I'm terribly sorry for being away for so long. I have too much business at the moment.

Well, the mapping is complex as !@#$, so I'm sure you are experiencing some bugs or modifier conflicts. Is the transport functionality fine? I'll be posting a manual with some comments in a day. Unfortunately there are still some things to be thought up about the concept.

And, thank you all for being interested in my work.

Peace
    OA OA

Tech Wizard

Thumbs up

Hi again!
    So, there's a little update (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16305212/Sl...ing%20BETA.tsi) and a PDF-manual TWITCH SL1D3FLO MAPPING MANUAL.pdf (hope I missed nothing). Sorry about its still being BETA, but the concept is pretty clear now (there is an endless pushable knob and a button unused in "EXTRA" Section - if you have any ideas, let me know).
    Hope this will be enough till I finish the whole thing and make a video walkthrough.
    Cheers, guys!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Sl1d3Flo; 04-07-2013 at 05:28 PM.

Tech Convert

Hi I am new to this but found out something already regarding the button enable issue.
    In the default mapping available from Novation's site FX are only available from the on/off buttons when an effect is selected on each deck. Usually this is done using the fader FX knobs. You either turn one to enable an effect or press and toggle for decks 3 and 4. If the effect on each deck is set to 'None' then the FX on/off buttons will not work.

I am not sure how you set an effect for each deck in the new mappings because the knobs have changed functionality. You can use a mouse on a pc/laptop but that's defeating the object really. Maybe someone can chime in with how you do it in the new mappings.

The other thing I do not understand is why the global mappings do not allow FX pads etc on both decks (There are separate mappings for say FX pads on deck D for instance and not Decks A-C).

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast