Only Epic House Music 2012!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I like your build ups, great timing with bringing up the bass in some places (7:30+ as example), but some tunes fall short after a build up. Mixing is impeccable and I liked the flow of the tracks, especially a fan of switching up vocal and instrumental tracks, keeps it fresh, maybe just the phrasing could've been slightly adjusted in some places for a more consistent energy.

3:30 tune is real nice
    10:45 was expecting a nice drop, lack of bass felt a tad flat to me
    13:35 switch up was refreshing, was well done too, though obviously noticeable it didnt break the flow I felt
    17:23 great build up but then it drops to a track that is a little early, feel like it could've been better phrased
    25:10 nice build up and energy bump
    27:40 always been a fan of "stompy" beats, catchy tune
    31:50 love the pitched vocal sample
    35:00 very chilled tune, digging it
    37:20 a little messy and with such an energetic build up next tune feels under-powered comparatively
    42:30 good tune
    47:04 love the more minimal sound, very soothing after a pretty high energy segment
    51:00 high energy but pretty deep as well. sweet tune
    52:35 CHAOS ON DA FLOOO!! love this one, just the right amount of glitchy, pure raving bliss

great job nonetheless! enjoyed the whole mix throughout.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by monogammee View Post
    I like your build ups, great timing with bringing up the bass in some places (7:30+ as example), but some tunes fall short after a build up. Mixing is impeccable and I liked the flow of the tracks, especially a fan of switching up vocal and instrumental tracks, keeps it fresh, maybe just the phrasing could've been slightly adjusted in some places for a more consistent energy.

3:30 tune is real nice
    10:45 was expecting a nice drop, lack of bass felt a tad flat to me
    13:35 switch up was refreshing, was well done too, though obviously noticeable it didnt break the flow I felt
    17:23 great build up but then it drops to a track that is a little early, feel like it could've been better phrased
    25:10 nice build up and energy bump
    27:40 always been a fan of "stompy" beats, catchy tune
    31:50 love the pitched vocal sample
    35:00 very chilled tune, digging it
    37:20 a little messy and with such an energetic build up next tune feels under-powered comparatively
    42:30 good tune
    47:04 love the more minimal sound, very soothing after a pretty high energy segment
    51:00 high energy but pretty deep as well. sweet tune
    52:35 CHAOS ON DA FLOOO!! love this one, just the right amount of glitchy, pure raving bliss

great job nonetheless! enjoyed the whole mix throughout.

Wow, thanks for the very detailed reply, makes me very happy that you enjoyed my mix!

What do you mean by phrasing? I have been mixing for about a month now so the terminology is still rather new to me.

Quote Originally Posted by DemiAlex View Post
    Wow, thanks for the very detailed reply, makes me very happy that you enjoyed my mix!

What do you mean by phrasing? I have been mixing for about a month now so the terminology is still rather new to me.
    Wow, I am a newbie too, but, man, this is some great work for someone who does it for a month, kudos!

Hey, we're all learning, what counts is that you're eager to know. Search google for "beats, bars and phrases" to have an idea of concepts, it'll help you a ton during mixing. Here is a great start - http://www.mixingguide.com/beats-bars-and-phrases

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by monogammee View Post
    Wow, I am a newbie too, but, man, this is some great work for someone who does it for a month, kudos!

Hey, we're all learning, what counts is that you're eager to know. Search google for "beats, bars and phrases" to have an idea of concepts, it'll help you a ton during mixing. Here is a great start - http://www.mixingguide.com/beats-bars-and-phrases
    Cheers man!

Yeah I read up on beats and bars and am trying to get the habit of counting down 4 beats as a second nature kinda thing.

Cheers for the link though, the only info I have is just 4 beats is a bar

Tech Convert

phrasings the best, properly used it leads to alot of the Profesional waveriding we see from the top edm djs right now. Note though waveriding doesnt always work, but with harmonically fitting or close songs, and good phrasing your mixes will be even better.

Now theres my thoughts on phrasing. Im gonna check out this set today and ill leave you some more detailed feedback. So far about 15 minutes in its goodl

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by danieldow View Post
    phrasings the best, properly used it leads to alot of the Profesional waveriding we see from the top edm djs right now. Note though waveriding doesnt always work, but with harmonically fitting or close songs, and good phrasing your mixes will be even better.

Now theres my thoughts on phrasing. Im gonna check out this set today and ill leave you some more detailed feedback. So far about 15 minutes in its goodl
    I tried my best to construct perfect phrasing, but sometimes I just get lost in the count or miscount or the track would phase itself into a break up/outro.

I eagerly await your opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by DemiAlex View Post
    Cheers man!

Yeah I read up on beats and bars and am trying to get the habit of counting down 4 beats as a second nature kinda thing.

Cheers for the link though, the only info I have is just 4 beats is a bar
    I find just knowing the tune well helps quite a bit with getting phrases in sync, usually tunes in the same genre would have similar structure, so a simple example of that would be if you start song#2 at the time song#1 reaches it's breakdown, drops will coincide. As far as counting goes, usually new elements are added every n-th bar, so it's a good reminder when you lose count for example.

Also depending on your setup, if you get to see the waveforms it helps to see where the songs change helping you with when to start mixing in. Traktor can even show you the bar count, though I find sometimes it's not very accurate or the song structure throws it off.

Tech Mentor

Yeah I use traktor, i find the wave length view EXTREMELY helpful in determining perfect song positioning for overlaps etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast