A&H or Ultrasone Headphone Feedback?

Default A&H or Ultrasone Headphone Feedback?

My V-700's are finally starting to give it up after 10 years of very hard use. I'm looking hard at A&H or Ultrasone's for my next purchase, looking for some feedback if anyone feels like chiming in.

Thnx
    MIXCRATE - Mixify

2 1200's - A wall of wAx - SSL - DDJ-SX

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I had some ultrasone's. They were a little big on my head. Sounded good, juts didn't fit well. I like my HD25's and have tried HDJ2000's and liked them.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Yea, I was looking hard at the XD2-53's and the Ultrasone's DJ1. I have heard really good things about the HD25 and not so much about the 2000's. I may also have to look into those as well.
    MIXCRATE - Mixify

Tech Wizard

I had the xone XD-53 for a few months but i ended up selling them because the fell of my head all the time. The headband started to be really Ğlooseğ and didnt hold well on your head.

I went to try the ultrasone but they were huge on my head. So i ended up getting the hd-25's as they fitted my head perfectly.

The best thing is to try to test them before buying , its all personal preference

I'm assuming you are referring to the HD 25-1 II's right. Sounds like a trek down to GC tomorrow, god I hate dealing with those morons.
    MIXCRATE - Mixify

I have the XD2's. I love them for their natural clarity, but coming from personal preference, they are weak in the low-end. I do a lot of headphone only mixing, and I need that extra little thump.
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

Well I went to GC yesterday and was going to try out some headphones, my opinion of that store is getting worse by the year. Oddly the only headphones they had that I would try were the XD2's. I didn't like them, bass washed out the mids too much for my taste but that could have been because I was listening to them on a demo s4.

Anyways they had no Ultrasone's, no HDJ-2000's and no HD-25's. In fact the idiot sales guy even questioned me if Sennheiser made a HD-25-1 II model. I can get either the 2000's or the 25's new for about $200 so I may just get both and send back which ones I don't like.
    MIXCRATE - Mixify

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

The Ultrasone DJ1 Pros are pretty fantastic, had mine for nearly 2 years now and aside from the white colour of the cans not being so bright anymore they're still going strong. Only gripe is they've not got amazing noise cancelling but they easily make up for that by have a really nice, clean, balanced sound. I've tried my friend's HD-25's and honestly I don't like on ear vs over ear but the sound quality on them is pretty good as well.
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

Snagged a set of HD25-1 II's today.... So far sound wise I think my beat up V700's sound better. The V700 seems to have a more well rounded sound to it whereas the HD25, may have a little more bottom but seems to be lacking in the mid range dept some. The highs on the HD25 seem to be super crisp, almost too crisp.

Over all they sound good, not as warm and full as my V700's but those baby's have god knows how many hours of use, about 10 years worth. Great isolation, comfortable as hell and I love the design of them. Just makes sense! The guy at Sam Ash tried to sell me a 2 year replacement warranty of them and he still couldn't get the fact if something broke it probably would be less than $25 to fix. I'm going to let the HD's run all night as see if how they sound in the morning, maybe a mythical burn in might doe something?

I also have DJ1's (not the pro's) inbound tomorrow too, so I will see or hear how they sound as well.
    MIXCRATE - Mixify