Traktor Bible as a Learning Tool
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor Bible as a Learning Tool

How is Traktor Bible as a learning tool?

I want to minimize the time needed to be proficient at mixing.

Would this be helpful in doing that?

Responses appreciated.

i have not read the traktor bible yet but i am guessing it is geared more towards learning traktor as a program and not learning how "mix" as a skill

Tech Wizard

True.

I've had a few laptop only gigs. I just focus on playing quality tracks and everything goes fine. Very minimal mixing, very quick transitions. I want to become very proficient at mixing in the least amount of time possible.

I was looking at Dubspots Online Digital DJ School. It is 3.5 months and $795 dollars. That is about $230 per month to get expert instruction. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by SkyLinez View Post
    I want to minimize the time needed to be proficient at mixing.
    Depends what you mean by time...

There are no shortcuts - a course from Dubspot will teach you things but you still have to practice those things.
    SC | MC

The traktor bible will make you an amazing mixer in only 3 weeks!

Just kidding, it will teach you how to use traktor proficiently if you put work in. Only practice will make you a better mixer as fast as possible.

Why do you want to do it fast? Why not take your time and learn properly?
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    The traktor bible will make you an amazing mixer in only 3 weeks!

Just kidding, it will teach you how to use traktor proficiently if you put work in. Only practice will make you a better mixer as fast as possible.

Why do you want to do it fast? Why not take your time and learn properly?
    No way only 3 weeks!!! Lol.

Well Im an all or nothing type of person. When I do something I go all out. I've been wanting to get into DJing for a while. I have a laptop only setup and have been gigging with it.

I want to do fast as possible so I can use the gigs I have to get more gigs by performing sets that leave people wanting more instead of just blending one song into the next

I need to slow down and take my time tho, crawl walk and then run

The reason I ask about traktor bible and dubspot is because I am a musician and know first hand how even a moth of instruction from a quality teacher can help immensely in pointing you in the right direction towards proficiency

no shorts.jpg

Getting sick of saying it to be honest.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    no shorts.jpg

Getting sick of saying it to be honest.
    You definitely misinterpreted my question. I play both the Piano and the Guitar and have been studying music for 10+ years. I'm not looking for shortcuts. I'm looking for quality instruction

I know from my experience with music, that quality instruction is very helpful when learning a new instrument. The benefits of quality instruction in my eyes is this:

1. You learn correct technique. You do not form bad habits. If you were to form bad habits, you have someone there who can correct your mistake.

2. You get a solid base of education, which makes teaching yourself new techniques more efficient because you know the underlying fundamentals. You do not try to learn the material in chapter 13, without learning the material in the previous chapters.

I guess this is my fault by saying "minimize the time needed". I can understand why you think that I'm looking for a fast way to become an amazing DJ. This is not the case though. I'm serious about my crafts, and as I am adding DJing to my arsenal, I am seeking out the best and most efficient instruction for me to learn this.

Thanks to the people who took their time out to answer my question.

To patch - there are actually many shortcuts in life! The problem with shortcuts is, when you decide to take one, you always get stuck behind someone driving way below the speed limit!!

Without proper equipment you can only be taught theory. Did you plan on buying a controller, CDJs or Turntables sooner or later? I know for a fact I know none of the keyboard shortcuts for traktor. What kind of music you play also has a say in how the mix is made.
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    Without proper equipment you can only be taught theory. Did you plan on buying a controller, CDJs or Turntables sooner or later? I know for a fact I know none of the keyboard shortcuts for traktor. What kind of music you play also has a say in how the mix is made.
    Hey, thanks for responding. I play Open Format sets.

And yes, I am purchasing gear in the future. I'm going with the Kontrol S2 as of now.

I really like TT's, but feel that it is a dying Artform

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast