Future of Hardware
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Future of Hardware

I hope that soon big or small companies offer "bespoke" products... the possibilities for us to personalize a product according to our needs should be an option next to the alternative diy... If i can customize my sneakers with Nike ID why not my controllers

Tech Guru

well several manufacturers have started to provide very stripped down controllers like korg and now akai. also if you look at the dascratch + mixer, I can see things being quite modular already. the limiting factor seems to be having enough low latency USB ports. i havent checked but hopefully USB3 will improve things here and provide for lower latency when going through hubs. the other alternative would be proprietary interconnects.

another route that the iphone is popularizing is wireless connections, which obviously also bring their fair share of latency, probably more so than you would even get with a usb hub. but things will also improve on that end.

so suddenly you can put together your controller set up from an array of dedicated controllers. of course the firmware of these devices needs to be smart enough to make it easy to switch channels or even midi notes. or better yet move on to OSC ..
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Quote Originally Posted by zorori View Post
    I hope that soon big or small companies offer "bespoke" products... the possibilities for us to personalize a product according to our needs should be an option next to the alternative diy... If i can customize my sneakers with Nike ID why not my controllers
    there are members of the DJTT fam who are willing to make you a bespoke controller. go search the threads

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

The problem right now is finding a way to build solid hardware which is mechanically reliable - without costing the earth.

Stanton are heading in the right direction with their sc system, for now I think this is about as customizable as controllers will get.

But give me a few years and a decent budget and Ill have your backs

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by midifidler View Post
    The problem right now is finding a way to build solid hardware which is mechanically reliable - without costing the earth.

Stanton are heading in the right direction with their sc system, for now I think this is about as customizable as controllers will get.

The midifighter! =)

to be honest, something like the midifighter - with a whole load of arcade buttons and a few knobs - would do the trick for me.

simplicity

Midifidler ftw

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

you wont have to wait that long then

I hope you brought your firmware flasher for the MidiFighter to Bali so i can make you rewrite my firmware to my liking while your on holiday lmao

Oh yeah and i should have said this earlier ! DJTT is the future of hardware !

i smell midifighters for sale
    when?when?when??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast