one touch sampler
    Tech Wizard

Default one touch sampler

I created a "one touch sampler" button per Ean's article with one of the pads on my new nano pad. I only played around with it a little last night but occasionally it seemed to not quite catch the sample right. As if the knob for the beatmasher was moved or something. Setting the beatmasher to 0 is one of the entries and it is at 0.

Anyone have problems like this?

It could be that one of your tracks is not beatgridded correctly - the beatmasher won't grab a round 4 beats if the bpm is wrong.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

plus it has to be the master, or in sync with the master, cos all FX which quantize to the beat run off the master, not individual songs..

just a thought

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by belchman View Post
    plus it has to be the master, or in sync with the master, cos all FX which quantize to the beat run off the master, not individual songs..

just a thought
    Thanks

That could be it. I was starting the track shortly before the point I was going to sample when I was testing it. Maybe the master clock had not had a chance to catch up to the bpm of the track. my master clock is usually on auto.

I'll play around with it some more later this evening and see if I can reproduce the problem with that in mind. And report results back to this thread.

beatgrid is not the problem. It was working sometimes but not others on the same track.

i use the sampler idea sometimes, but it works cos i sync all 4 decks to the master.

bit naff if you're anti-sync