I can't seem to "disable jog wheel push" in Traktor
    Tech Convert

Default I can't seem to "disable jog wheel push" in Traktor

Hi guys. I'm working on an S4 mapping and I'm pretty much finished it for channel A. I'll just duplicate it for channel B. Anyways, I can't disable jog wheel push. The box is ticked in the settings.

I have the jog wheel mapped to control the effects. "Jog wheel touch" turns them on and "jog wheel turn" controls the effect knobs. As you can imagine, having the BPM move around while using the effects is pretty crappy.

Deck B, which I haven't mapped yet, behaves in the same way. The tempo bends when the wheel is pushed and turned. This makes me think it isn't my mapping that is causing a conflict.

I have tried rebooting, clearing the mapping and re-importing it, and recalibrating the S4. No luck. Any ideas what could be happening? Thanks for your time.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

How did you set modifiers?

Tech Convert

I haven't used any modifiers. One thing I have noticed is when I hold shift, it does disable jog wheel push.

Well you need to set one toggling modifier which can tell Traktor if you are using jogwheel for band/scratch or you're in jog FX mode.

Tech Convert

Thanks for your help. I've made a modifier M1=1 assigned to jog touch. I tried using Jog Turn, Tempo Bend, and Tempo Bend (stepless) all set to 0% rotary sensitivity while M1=1 but the pitch bend is much more extreme now.

Tech Convert

I don't know how to tell Traktor what mode I'm in.

Tech Convert

I figured it out. I had the load buttons set to load track instead of jog mode. All working fine now. Thanks for your help, though.

Good to know! Cheers.