Learning how to map (VCI 400 standard edition)

Default Learning how to map (VCI 400 standard edition)

Greetings all,

I had a look to see if this subject had been covered before and couldn't find anything (I may have missed it though!) Basically I own a VCI 400 standard edition and I want to learn how to map it. I see lots of posts about new maps and do see a little information on mapping however I can't seem to find a reasonably definitive 'step by step' guide for a starter/beginner.

I've checked the net and forums and can find nothing basic which covers everything in a clear comprehensive way. One question I have is how did everyone else learn how to map and the second question is - does anyone have a user guide for a novice?

I'm currently using the Vestax standard mapping but feel I'm not getting anywhere near the full capacity out of the mixer.

Any help much appreciated! I am prepared to put in the work to learn but where to start??

Scot.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Traktorbible site is a good start. As well as this thread http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=23910. The best way to learn how to map is to start mapping from scratch - I can't tell you how many mappings did I create till I stopped to lose my head when it comes to adding modifiers.