VCI-100 and TPro (MISA+DJTT 32 HotCues, Preview, Key Lock)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default VCI-100 and TPro (MISA+DJTT 1.02 32 HotCues, Preview, Key Lock)

DJ TechTools Community,

As requested, I am providing a modified version of the official DJTT VCI-100SE 2.2 TSI mapping. There are only a few modifications that allow for 2 banks of HotCues (providing access to all 8 HotCues on all four decks), access to the preview player, and key lock. This is done with minimal interference to the general layout and thus can be used with the DJTT overlay. I will try to get a graphic up soon, but for now I will simply explain the changes.

VCI-100 MISA+DJTT 1.02 OVERVIEW

JUGGLE ON BUTTON
    When the JUGGLE ROTARY is OFF, the JUGGLE ON BUTTON acts as expected. Holding it will access HotCues 1-4 on the decks. When the JUGGLE ROTARY is ON, the JUGGLE ON BUTTON acts to toggle banks of HotCues 1-4 and HotCues 5-8 on the decks. Flip JUGGLE ROTARY back to OFF and everything returns back to transport controls like normal. When in any of the Juggle Modes, the transport controls and effect button light up blue.

SNAP BEAT BUTTON
    The SNAP BEAT BUTTON is disabled. Now, when you hold down on this button, the four small FX ON buttons turn into SNAP toggle, QUANT toggle, CD MODE toggle, and LFO RESET trigger in descending order.

QUANTIZE BUTTON
    The QUANTIZE BUTTON is disabled. Now, when you hold down on this button, the four small FX ON buttons turn into KEY LOCK toggles for Deck A, B, C, and D in descending order.

SHIFT BUTTON
    The SHIFT BUTTON remains with the added function of the PREVIEW PLAYER. Now, when you hold down the SHIFT button, the four small FX ON buttons turn into LOAD TO PREVIEW PLAYER, FF, REWIND, and PLAY/PAUSE toggle in descending order.

Everything else from the DJTT TSI file has been unchanged. Please let me know if you run into problems or if there are ways to improve on it.

misa+
    Last edited by misa; 07-21-2009 at 05:42 PM. Reason: MISA+DJTT 1.02 Released: Alters function of EFFECT BUTTON

I'm already thinking it may be better to have the JUGGLE KNOB turn on Juggle mode and then the JUGGLE ON BUTTON can be used to switch between the two banks of HotCues. Let me know if you guys/gals agree, and I'll make the changes. Or you can fiddle with it yourselves.

Tech Guru

Personally I find myself using the juggle button hold a lot to quickly get into hotcue mode temporarily. So as you know with the luxury of bome's I was able to keep Ean's setup for the most part and only enter hotcue 1-8 mode when both the juggle button and the juggle knob are on. Then again, I guess you could do all of that without bome's as well, you would simply loose the blinking LED action.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

I just updated the TSI to do what you're asking for without Bomes. Still able to have the blue lights lit on the transport controls and effect button when effect button is held and everything lights up when the juggle mode rotary is activated as expected.
    Last edited by misa; 07-21-2009 at 05:43 PM.

Great work Misa

I also really like the suggestion from Ismith to keep it close to the original it would be good.

- 'juggle button hold to quickly get into hotcue mode temporarily. Keep Ean's setup for the most part and only enter hotcue 1-8 mode when both the juggle button and the juggle knob are on.'

Haven't had chance to try out the new mapping, wanted to check with you. When you say 'The SNAP BEAT BUTTON is disabled. Now, when you hold down on this button the four small FX ON buttons turn into SNAP toggle, QUANT toggle, CD MODE toggle, and LFO RESET trigger in descending order.

Will I have to hold down the button whilst operating the other buttons or can I just press to activate.

If you can do an update it will be really really useful. You guys are what makes the site. In my opinion these changes improve the 'official' mapping?

Thanx. CB

Thanks CB.

I just posted an updated TSI (1.02) a few seconds ago. This keeps the EFFECT ON BUTTON as a quick hold to access HotCues. When Juggle Mode is activated via the EFFECT ROTARY, the EFFECT ON BUTTON switches banks.

As for the SNAP BEAT BUTTON, right now it is set up so that you have to hold it in order to access the other functions from the four FX ON buttons. I figured that gives priority access to turning on FX, and since you'll use the other functions less often, you won't have to be thinking about clicking out of an alternate mode. Plus, you can still do it one-handed.

If enough people want me to change this, I will. Otherwise, it should pretty easy to tweak the MIDI mapping on your own.
    Last edited by misa; 07-22-2009 at 12:49 PM.

MISA

Once again many thanks, it is great what you have done. Can't thank you enough.

I would like to try a version where you don't have to hold the button(s) down. If you have time and you can change it I am sure your skills will achieve this better than mine. If not any instructions gratefully received.

Once again thanks for your input, one day I hope to be able to contribute as much as you.

Best CB.

Just updated to the 1.2 beta, so I'm not sure if I can go back and adjust the mapping anymore since the TSI format is different now. I can walk you through the process to do it yourself if you need.

Otherwise, look out for my own new 1.2 mapping and when the official DJTT one comes out I'll add some mods.

Hi Misa

Thanks for your reply, sorry it has taken a while to get back. Would be great if you can give me instructions on how to make those changes outlined in my previous post. Wanted to check that I can get your lastest file from the this thread is the 1.02 one above?

Also really look forward to seeing your new 1.2 mapping and amended DJTT, if you get chance let me when they are available. Your's files work really well for me, so thanks for your hard work!

Cheers
    CB

Cheek Bone,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, I was out of town for a long weekend.

The latest file I was able to make for TPro 1.1.2 is posted above. I'll try to post a comment up later today to help guide you through making the changes you wanted.

I'm glad you've gotten some use out of the files! Since I already put the work into setting them up for myself, I figure I should post them and see if anyone else can get some use out of them. I only have a couple tweaks left to finish my new TSI for TPro 1.2. I'm going to end up using an iPod Touch running TouchOSC to handle most of my FX, but the VCI-100 will still have the ability to control FX banks 1-3 and a dedicated FX setting button for FX bank 4 (like Ean's Sample Button). Check for it later this week or early next week. Once Ean releases his TSI for TPro 1.2, I can make a couple of modifications to add some of the functions I like to use.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast