Laptop not powerful?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Laptop not powerful?

Hello, I have problems related to my laptop. During live set's it has frozen couple of times totally and few times even totally crashed and when I launch it again after restart, everything is gone, ike a fresh install of Traktor.
    Normally I would believe that the problem could be in the weak computer, but I wouldn't say that my computer is weak: 8GB RAM, AMD Phenom(tm) II P960 Quad-Core Processor 1.80GHz, 64-bit Windows 7, etc.

+ I have a seperate account in Windows for DJ'ing, where everything necessary is turned off and there is nothing that would eat CPU or anything else.

Ow, and I'm using Traktor version 2.5 and the problems have occurred when using external controllers and soundcards. For example Pioneer DJM-900 Nexus + CDJ-2000 set(as controllers and soundcards) and/or Numark NDX-900's as controllers and soundcards.

I'm beginning to think that a secure MacBook would be the secure version, but I dont have the cash for that, so I need to find out what the problem is:S

Help me please I really like digital DJ'ing, but lately I have only played with CD's because I don't like silince in the middle of my set in front of an audience

I never had any joy with Traktor when using an AMD processor, sadly. I gave in and saved up for a Macbook.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

So basically the main point is to save up for a MacBook for atleast a year since I'm a college student and at the moment cant get a part-time job? But what do you suggest sofar? The Traktor Multi-core option doesn't help:/

Yeah, that would be an option if I didn't have a student loan already

But now I'm wondering, is an older version of MacBook OK aswell?
    I'm currently looking at some with Core 2 duo ones ranging from 2.16GHz to 2.4GHz, with 2GB of RAM(one with 4GB, but thats more quite more expensive).
    That would be a good option because, then my DJ music would be seperate from my regular computer one, but the main question is, that can these older models work with sometimes 4tracks, sometimes inner mixing, sometimes with multiple controllers and sometimes with timecode-CD's + maybe some cue-point juggling. What would be the minimum older model?

You can save huge amounts on refurbished macs http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/mac
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

Roll back to 2.1.3 untill you get a better laptop.

Ummm... yeah, I live in Estonia, sorry, forgot to mention that
    But buying a new laptop is an easy option, for that money I could finally get that controller that I've been wanting and can practice at home aswell, so is there any other ideas/options?

+ "better laptop" is quite a relative term, because I run most games on full-high-graphics with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by VanGogo View Post
    Roll back to 2.1.3 untill you get a better laptop.
    Why excactly 2.1.3? Why not 2.1.2 or any other?
    Last edited by djelton; 11-17-2012 at 10:08 PM.

2.1.3 was last version before 2.5

I hate to be the guy to say it, but is it a legit copy? in fact dont even answer here, but just know that could definitely be a root of the problem. I've used a cracked version before, when i was first starting out, and it was unstable as hell. Don't know what its like in the more modern versions (this was back in TP1) but it could be a problem.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast