Laptop buying help
    Tech Mentor

Default Laptop buying help

So umm my dad got pissed at me for forgetting to hand in an essay online. AND... this happened
    131570_553723527976334_1434401447_o-1.jpg

Soooo now i need a new computer.... I don't have much money so i need the Cheapest possible computer that will be able to run Serato DJ and Ableton (both, but not side by side). As I have gigs that I really can't cancel because I've taken an advance on.

So help me.... Please...

Tech Mentor

Christ i really need help finding a new laptop

Tech Mentor

That should be repairable rather easily as long as no electrical boards were snapped.

Otherwise, you're going to have to give us some specifics if you want help finding a laptop. Lenovo T-61's are always my go-to recommendation for a good, cheap DJ laptop.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by sss18734 View Post
    That should be repairable rather easily as long as no electrical boards were snapped.

Otherwise, you're going to have to give us some specifics if you want help finding a laptop. Lenovo T-61's are always my go-to recommendation for a good, cheap DJ laptop.
    Well the wires that lead to the screen are severed, the base of the computer's shell has a huge crack in it and the ports one side don't look like they will be working anytime soon, so i figure it will be cheaper to buy a new laptop as that one only cost us 400 on sale.

I've saved all of the internals, including the graphics card, so i just need a computer with a processor strong enough to handle Serato and Ableton.

Tech Mentor

Hmm. Yeah probably not worth salvaging then.

Like I said, check out some Lenovo business machines. You're better off with a strong C2D processor over a low end i-series any day. And they have reasonable GPU's to boot.