Speakers for gigs?

Default Speakers for gigs?

My friends are starting an event planning company for small(100-200 people) events, they hired me as the DJ and gave me 462 dollars to buy speakers and lights, can be used. I told them that in this scenario the best approach would be 2 active speakers and lights, we were looking at some behringer eurolives, can anyone recommend anything better or certify the eurolives?

Tech Convert

Do you live in europe? If you do, musicstore.de, has their own brand of speakers, wich for the price are very good, and very competitive. You would be getting more power for dollar

Tech Guru

$462 exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by oliosky View Post
    $462 exactly?
    they have a 6,000 mexican peso budget, which is exactly 462

Tech Mentor

Get used gear from guitarcenter online. You can spend 120$ for JBL EONs G1s. So that will eat 240$, Subs go for 139$ and they are all powered. Throw a couple parties with this gear then buy some new subs. Resell your gear to bump your $$ for your next purchase. As far as lights go. You should expect to get some lasers. Ebay has a good deal for a 4 head greenx2 and redx2 for 156$. Green laser should be 50+mW and red should be 100mW. Upgrade those lasers at a later date imo.

Tech Wizard

I would add an active sub to you setup, just to increase sound quality.

To the above post...... +1