Just got my S2! now whats next?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Just got my S2! now whats next?

Hello everyone i just got S2 about a week ago and so far im loving it but as far as stepping it up to the next level where do i start?

Start producing music if you ever want to make it big you must produce
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

That's kind of a vague question if I may say. Is it your first controller? Have you dj'ed before with tts or cdjs? If it's your first, then just get some tracks and start playing around. Just have fun with it for a while to get a grip on things. Start reading some blog entries, either here or digitaldjtips.com which has a lot of valuable information for beginners.

You can start teaching yourself beatmatching if you want. I'd just recommend having some fun for a while and discover what's what you want to do dj'ing wise.
    HP Envy 14 Beats Edition, Traktor Pro 2, NI Kontrol S4, NI Kontrol X1, NI Kontrol F1, AIAIA TMA-1

Also learn to mix different genres don't just focus on one genre because you never know what you are going to be playing in a club where you get lot's of requests
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

Practice practice practice!
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

Yes its my first controller. As far as learning how to use the S2, I would really like to see what the full capabilities of the controller and grasp it. I see people on Youtube performing great mixes with it and i would also like to do the same. Beatmatching comes really natural for me i just know when to cue and up and set tempos. what i really want to know is how the mix composition works and when to use effects.

Slow down!

A huge issue with a lot of digital dj's , is they're not taking the time to really get deep into their controller and the software and always end up getting new controllers and such, not spending the time to really learn everything about it, and use it to its full potential

I recommend to shut yourself off from the outside world of controllers and "stepping up" your setup, and get into your mixes and looking around for new music, editing, setting cue points, matching keys and getting BPM's, then finding what flows nicely into what. Then start to do some advanced techniques, layering multiple effects at once and such before you even look at a new controller!
    Traktor Kontrol S2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Akai APC40 :: 17" Acer
    Check out our new "D.O.D - What Time?" Remix! : http://snd.sc/1bvF1xf

Quote Originally Posted by SwedeDreams View Post
    Slow down!

A huge issue with a lot of digital dj's , is they're not taking the time to really get deep into their controller and the software and always end up getting new controllers and such, not spending the time to really learn everything about it, and use it to its full potential

I recommend to shut yourself off from the outside world of controllers and "stepping up" your setup, and get into your mixes and looking around for new music, editing, setting cue points, matching keys and getting BPM's, then finding what flows nicely into what. Then start to do some advanced techniques, layering multiple effects at once and such before you even look at a new controller!
    Thanks buddy! Yeah I really need someone to show me the ropes and break down the basics as far as perfecting my craft.

Quote Originally Posted by MYE View Post
    Start producing music if you ever want to make it big you must produce
    Dont think he asked how to make it big... haha. He just got an s4 and wants to mix.

Quote Originally Posted by AllDay View Post
    Dont think he asked how to make it big... haha. He just got an s4 and wants to mix.
    It's always fun to produce though ahah

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast