House Dub and Trap Mix, Looking for critical feedback please!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default House Dub and Trap Mix, Looking for critical feedback please!

http://www.mixcloud.com/daniel_dow_D...-mix-11_18_12/

Hey guys, I work at a proffesional djing company who runs most of the bars and weddings in the area. Problem is I am not 21 for another few months, so I dont get much feedback or opportunity to show my mixing to my boss and peers. My friends like them but they are biased. This is not my cleanest mix, but it is a pretty fair representation of my mixing and where some of my weak points are, even if they dont show in all of my mixes. Any positive or negative feedback would be great!

Also I am running through traktor 2.6, w/o sync function. Thanks for your time

Tech Convert

anyone?

Tech Wizard

Great mix bro. I actually let this track play as I did tasks on my laptop. I heard some awkward transitions due to songs being of different key or the songs being of different tempos/genres and you had to pitch bend to beat match. It is kind of hard to blend two different genres together, but it looks you are able to do so. Also at around 8:55, it was suddenly cued to another part of the song. Was it an accident or a misclick? I'm not an expert, but try to avoid mistakes that can cause confusions to listeners or dancers when playing live. There is always room for improvement, but you are good. Keep it up ! Also, what was the first song you played? I'm trying to gather new music for my sets.

Tech Convert

I had my mouse pad on double tap, and it was over the wave when I was setting a cue, noob mistake. I disabled it after that set. I am making a new one tonight with like 60% brand new music. I believe it was the one trap remix. I get most of my music off djcity. by most I mean all.
    Last edited by danieldow; 11-25-2012 at 03:06 AM.

Tech Wizard

I searched for the first song in djcity. I couldn't find it :<. I love how it sounds. First, it starts as a progressive house atmospheric intro and then it goes rave-like before the build up then the drop was pretty good with its electro element. Help me please!

Not a brostep fan (I see it's place, I am just an old geezer), so had to skip around a bit. I pretty much agree with Blank Keys, some of the transitions are messy, phrasing was a bit off in places, drops misaligned, but you're off to a great start, just keep on practicing, I know I mess up a ton still. Pay more attention to EQ, and maybe keep some transitions a bit longer so it's not as abrupt.

Keep at it, man. Cheers.

Tech Convert

Blank sorry Its taken me so long to get back to you, Its been a very busy month for me, I got my MidiFighter 3d! and just lots of work, coworked a few christmas partys and other stuff just havent had time for the forums. The song is bfam by Julian Jordan and Martin Garrix. Thanks for the feedback monogammee like I said wasnt my absolute best, but it did highlight my more common mistakes which was why I was sharing it with you guys, If I just showed you all some bang out set and it received generally good reviews on here, at the end of the day, I wouldnt grow at all

That's the true spirit, and I couldn't agree more. I've noticed people in this place are nice but also fair and honest and that's what's important for people who are learning the ins and outs of the trade, I am very glad I stumbled upon this community and thankful to everyone helping out. Not to hijack thread completely, nice to hear you learned something new and looking forward to your new stuff. Cheers.

Tech Wizard

I actually found the song on my own through very long days. It's great you have played gigs. While you were performing at parties, i was probably yelling at google to find the song. lol

Tech Convert

Mono what genre electro or music are you more into? Is like to try a set more out of the house category so some suggestions of stuff you like could be cool, I really appreciate the community here too its nice to know people not only look and listen but are more than willing to give you tips and check progress. Thanks guys
    Blank your killin me that's pretty funny if you ever want any playlists or anything like that I can show you what my crates a are look like? (I run Traktor but folders mine as well be crates)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast