First Mix, Please Review
    Tech Convert

Default First Mix, Please Review

Hi everyone. I am looking for some constructive criticism of this short house set that I made.

Thanks, Peter

Last edited by fullenglishpint; 11-19-2012 at 11:56 AM.

45mins is sort of standard, wouldn't call that short, but that's just semantics :P

The mix itself was well done, the transitions are smooth and there is a good track progression, however, I felt like some tracks could've been aired for a shorter amount. While I enjoyed some of the tracks there wasn't much of an element of surprise, while it's consistent, it lacks a bang. Given that might just be my own perception of the style. I could definitely see myself setting this as more of a background music when people come over and it's more about atmosphere and you just wanna chat and have something nice and unobtrusive to set the mood.

I enjoyed the tune starting at 18:15, nice deep feel to it.
    28:06 has a cool vocal and brass sample.
    34:00 i guess i just like the vocals in house, but this one's catchy, good build up
    37:08 great melody line, I can picture it in my head being a great build up tune for something more energetic/boomy

Good job nonetheless

Edited your post to embed the soundcloud player. In future, use the orange soundcloud button in the post editor to embed your mixes.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Convert

Thanks for the detailed reply. Indeed some of the tracks went on longer than I wanted. Someone had knocked on the door mid way through and I found myself rushing back to change songs. Overall a good review for me, thanks!!!!!!!! Soundcloud button noted.