Buying used macbook, need help
    Tech Wizard

Default Buying used macbook, need help

Regards,

I got an offer to buy second hand mackbook it is A 4.1 model, 2.4 ghz, 2 gb of ram and 320gb hdd. It is late 2008 model if i am right .. Well the use of it will be with Serato Scratch Live and surfing, nothing else.

The price is about $ 330 (260euros) Well do you think it is a good deal?
    And that is ok for specs SERATO ...

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by aeon View Post
    Regards,

I got an offer to buy second hand mackbook it is A 4.1 model, 2.4 ghz, 2 gb of ram and 320gb hdd. It is late 2008 model if i am right .. Well the use of it will be with Serato Scratch Live and surfing, nothing else.

You're going to need more ram....

Tech Convert

Stay away from macbooks with DDR2 RAM. Upgrading these will be a Pain In The Wallet. And you will be upgrading - trust me.

Look for white unibodys from 2010 - especially the ones with any kinds of defects in the casing, as these get replaced by apple stores. Just got my lcd case module (case+screen) replaced for free and it's worth the price i've paid for whole laptop. And the nvidia 320m is known to be very reliable.

It will cost you more, but will serve you forever... As long as you don't want to use hundreds of vsts.

My issue with laptops is that they usually seem to have a lifespan of about 4-5 years anyway before the motherboard melts or some such.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by aeon View Post
    Regards,

If you are only using the computer for serato and surfing you dont really need a macbook. Go to a deal website (I use dealnews . com) and get a fully equipped pc for the same price. A couple days ago I saw a quad core laptop for 350. But in your price range a macbook probably wont be an option.

Tech Wizard

Well, i have a good laptop, but i want buy mac because it is better for DVS in my opinion, i do not want war pc vs mac
    For a 4 years i used TSP with my old acer laptop, and now dell, but that is not good, they both have some problems, That is a reason why i sold my TSP (beside i have ttm57) but now i want laptop for only use with Serato and surfing now and there.