Need advice on DJ setup for noob DJ. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

well if thats the case ^^^
    then i do have a dual CD deck if he wants to buy it
    I never opened it or used it
    it was for my fiancee but she never started with it

WOW! thanks for all the feedback guys! never expected that much.

as for your advice, im going to hold off on the midi fighter for a while to see if i even want it in the future.

and when it comes to my controller you all have got me leaning towards the s2 but the only thing is is around$400 :/
    because i already need traktor which is $100 not to mention a descent laptop for around $300. so thats $800 dollars right there without even thinking of headphones,speakers,or other things. its just hard to afford these things outof just wanting to dj as a hobby. dont get me wrong i would love to be an amazing dj but im gonna keep my feet on the ground for now and just do it for fun/interest. im just broke atm but i should have some money soon. would i be better off trying to find good deals on used gear? any of you guys have any old gear around going un-used that you could sell me? if so txt me with info 1-9-31-996-1046.

i wouldnt be able to get in a week. maybe not even a month or two depending on my job and your price but i really want to try this DJing thing out.

ANY advice for my situation or just tips on DJing be happy to post them for me and others!

lol i wasnt kidding
    i have equipment that i DONT need and its still in its box
    i have all the parts + books + and i even have extra cables for you to use it if you need
    I even have an extra mixer that still works flawlessly

basically i have an entire dj setup without the speakers or amp and it seems at this point
    you arent ready for those parts anyway so yea man
    hit me up..... i can help you out

yeah that'd be awsome if you was willing to help me out. like i said my budgets really tight right now but give me some more info on what equipment you have and a price and ill look into buying it from you. it may not be really soon but if its a good deal on my part then id defiantly start saving up for it. just get my number and txt me or reply back to me on here.

no problem will do.

Check ur profile page here, i left you my email addy i believe

Tech Convert

It's Black Friday!

Traktor S2 is down to $420, nows your chance!

Tech Guru

Doesn't the S2 come with a Traktor already?

Either way, I hear ya man.....it's a lot of money to spend on a hobby if you're just starting out and want to mess around at home a bit. Cheap options:

1. Used Mixtrack Pro - I've seen them local on Craigslist for 150.00; I've seen license of Traktor on this site go for 50 bucks.
    2. Twitch is on sale here for about 260.00 and comes with Serato Itch; you'll get a free upgrade from Serato to their new Software in a few months and can always use it with Traktor down the road if buy a license.

Also, try to spend as much as you can on your laptop.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

something tells me he is going to request that NO ONE getting his xmas gifts this year give other than money

Which by the way, wouldnt be a bad idea. I think youre in a good time there bro

This is gonna be the first time im recomending this but the Denon MC6000 is it..... standalone 4 channel mixer as well as audio interface and controller. works with serato traktor and vdj. best bang for the buck in your price range and most versatile get good on it then upgrade!!!

in his price range?
    i dont have it on the screen right now but i was thinking he can only spend about a couple hundred

You are talking about an $800 bit in the pocket for this pour guy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast