Numark MixTrack Pro HELP
    Tech Student

Default Numark MixTrack Pro HELP

Hi Guys ,

Im new to this fourm and looking for bit of help from the techy guys i bought myself i mixtrack pro and set it up with Traktor LE 2 which came with the controller after playing abt with the controller and the LE software i though i was ready for the traktor pro edition so i bought it then the problems started first ov all when im playing track through the contoller sometimes the music is stuttering i read on other pages about latency etc but played aroud with various settings and still get the stuttering now when i was running LE i suffered no problems at all with this .

2nd is the fx i cant seem to get these to work when playing songs either, which is so anoying dose anyone know why these wont work ?? one of the reason i bought traktor pro 2 was for the fx as LE dosent have any , and virtual dj just aint as good as traktor so im at a dead end .

please guys help would be appreciated much

thanks

John

I have been playing around with the Mixtrack for about a month now, The mixtrack pro and most controllers are nothing more than DJ keyboards, the mixtrack doesn't have any software internally, Traktor, VDJ and other programs are the brains behind these controllers, if you google mixtrack pro mappings you will find TSI. files that reprogram your mixtrack to controll different things including effects its all software bassed as I am also running traktor, I encourage you to watch some of the video's on here and also hit you tube and search Traktor Mapping, Every person has there own individual tastes when It comes to what their looking for out of a controller so why not spend the time to really make it yours and incorporate everything you wan't into it, believe me its time well spent.

Tech Wizard

Hi there.

I have the Mixtrack Pro with Traktor Scratch Pro and my effects are working fine. I must stress though, that it took me about 2 days of manually mapping everything, just by going into Midi-Mapping and then "add". Add something, then click "learn" to map it to your controller. It was a total nightmare getting certain stuff to work and I still have a few things that aren't mapped yet and some of my lights are permanently on, while some don't work but that is a bit tricky to map and I don't need it just yet. I mapped my effects and hotcues to a Oxygen-49 controller and the rest of the buttons to my Mixtrack and I use both similtaneoulsy because the Mixtrack just doesn't have enought buttons and rotarys on it.

My advise would be to use Traktor LE 2 that you have and go to Midi-mappings, then check how they mapped it. Take a screen shot if possible and get a pen and paper to right down the codes/notes of each button of your Mixtrack and what its mapped to. Then open up Tracktor Pro and manually map it the way it was done on the LE version. You'll see that the Midi-mapping section will look a bit different in Pro vs the LE version but using common sense will get around this. Since you only need your effects mapped, just copy that part. This whole process is VERY time consuming and extremely frustrating but do yourself a favour and go through it because once you do it, you will better understand how the software works and if you run into a problem while playing to a crowed you'll know where to fix it. Downloading TSI files is a quick fix but some peoples mapping are weird to me but its probably what they need and use most. Take a week off from djaying and concertrait on just doing the setup, its well worth all the time and effort.

As for stuttering, I also had that probelm but it dissappeared on its own after a reboot. I really don't know what it was but it has something to do with the sound drivers used and its sample rate I think.