Ableton+TriggerFinger User wants to go Traktor Route - advice ?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

BIG BIG thanks !

That cleared up alot of unknowns for me. I'll update this thread with my progress.

thanks again
    All we ever have is now ...

cant find my old mapping but i found the trigger finger much easier to use if i rotated it with the sliders towards me and nobs running down the lefthand side. This way you can have a correctly positioned cross fader and the eq knobs can be mapped like more conventional mixers.

I use ableton and the trigger finger as well.

Cue point juggling is easy enough.
    What you need to do is to take and make a clip from where you want the cue to begin. This can be of anything, a song section, loop, whole course, one shot.
    Next, how fast do you want to be able to trigger the sample, go into the clips Launch Panel and change the quantize setting, or the launch setting to whatever works for you.

then map your trigger finger to how ever you want to use with the setup

Here is a great little vid where Dylan explains how he sets up his trigger finger with ableton live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH1Ko630Ytc
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

Thanks guys

I use the Trigger Finger with Traktor Pro myself, here are 2 things Im experiencing.

1) The preset selector P1...P16 works ok, but I can't get it to work with 'soft takeover'. switching between scenes, I had the knobs set to control EQ on P13 and FX on P14. But when I would turn the knob again, it would jump to the absolute knob position instead of soft takeover. To get around it, I use modifiers, but still figuring it out (anyone know a fix?).

2) I may have the velocity settings wrong, but when using it to cue tracks, I have the cue button set as 'cue up' where I press a pad and then upon lifting up, it plays the track. I guess a few times last night I didn't press initially hard enough, because it didn't sense a press down, so my press up didn't start the track. I missed a few mixes this way. This are more cue button options that changed in the version Traktor Pro 1.2 so Im gonna explore that.

All in all, I have my Trigger Finger working so I have mouse-free operation, still tweaking the settings.

Just ordered my audio 8 DJ with Traktor Scratch Pro bundle

Should be here in a couple days

Nice man you will love it once you figure out how to set it all up its easy as pie well not as easy but yeah im sure you get the gist haha
    Gear: Macbook Pro 13" , Traktor Scratch Pro, VCI-100 Arcade, PIONEER HDJ 2000, CDJ 400's, Audio 8, Midifighter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12