The Ultimate FX Thread - Page 10
Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

That seems to be the only way I had thought about just mapping the 4 smart knobs to load up the TTFX on the "side" whenever I use them, but the last thing I want to do is waste an FX unit that way, especially if I'm using it for something else...definitely not ideal, but it doesn't seem like any other option is there

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I'm using TTFX un group mode so Isn't like other two slots are wasted. It really isn't a big for me since I'm not using it frequently and the way mine is set suit nice since I use it right before buildup which takes a bit of time spend anyways.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by jthightower45 View Post
    Check on post #58 for more info: http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthr...?t=8545&page=6 I have my .tsi file w/ modifiers attached in the post.

Basically you use w/ tape delay in advanced mode.

Start with D/W at 0% and the FX unit should be "ON".
    Map (1) button to turn on both buttons 2 & 3 on teh FX unit.
    Alsp map that same button to turn off the FX unit when pressed.
    So when Button 2 & 3 are active the unit is turned off, when released unit turns back on.
    Map a knob or fader for D/W control and anotehr for Knob 3 control.
    After turning on button 2 & 3 you work in the effect w/ D/W and change it's speed w/ Knob 3.
    Enjoy!
    Thanks, I made a video showing how to do all this for anyone else interested (also give thanks to you jthightower45 at the end of the video)...

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    I'm using TTFX un group mode so Isn't like other two slots are wasted. It really isn't a big for me since I'm not using it frequently and the way mine is set suit nice since I use it right before buildup which takes a bit of time spend anyways.
    ahhh, I hadn't considered using it in group mode..was too focused on using the "brake" button in single mode....ill experiment with that. Thanks for the heads up!

@-Konix

Thanks for contributing this thread and taking time to make a video. Honestly, I tried many various parameters and just couldn't make it sound any close to Hawtin effect with Tape Delay in solo. The speed adjust works decent but effect itself should have better pitch and resonance to replicate it any close to original. What I did was to use Isolator FX applied to HI's and MID's, bit of Transform and F92 in single mode which produce a resonance do overall effect. I'll post a vid if I get any luck to improve the sound characteristic.

Tech Wizard

Yes, it comes close, but still not quite a 100% faithful reproduction of the original effect. Close enough though for most people. Seems when Hawtin does it the "pitch" of the delay changes also in addition to the speed up/down. If you use the third parameter ACCL button, that makes the speed up/down accelerate faster, which kind of gives it more of a pitch effect as well.

Tech Wizard

Anyone have a better way to explain additional mods so we can keep building more ultimate FX? This is the best I could find, but I can't seem to grasp the idea fully. Squeezing Modifiers

I need to create commands dependant on more than 2 modifiers. Expecially using this "reset modifier" technique on 2 faders:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Add in > Modifier #1 > check INVERT > set type-button > set interaction-hold > set value-1
    Add in > Modifier #1 > set type-button > set interaction-direct > set value-0

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Konix View Post
    Thanks, I made a video showing how to do all this for anyone else interested (also give thanks to you jthightower45 at the end of the video)...

Great stuff Konix! Thanks bro for making the vid and sharing.

@jthightower45

Is this the same as you were trying with your tsi as you were using 2 fx unit instead of 1
    MBP 17 " , Allen & Heath Xone 92 , 2 X NI D2 , Midi Fighter Twister , MF3D , Maschine Mk2 , KRK RP6 G2 , Push , Technics 1210 mk2 , Aiaiai TMA-1 Studio Young Guru

Been messing with Tape Delay last night trying to make a solution for control using one macro knob.

This effect uses Tape delay in single unit mode and Transpose, Reverb and Peak filter in group unit mode. There is an order in layering effects in Traktor if we want other effects to play on top of others. It's very important to set Tape delay for example at Unit #1 and secondary effects in Unit #2 so #2 could modulate the sound of primary unit.

Effect ON/reset button (Unit #1):
    Add In > FX Unit > Unit On / button-toggle
    Add In > FX Unit > Button 2 / button-toggle
    Add In > FX Unit > Button 3 / button-direct / value=0
    Add In > FX Unit > Effect Selector / button-direct / value=Tape Delay
    Add In > FX Unit > FX Unit Mode Selector / direct-Single
    note: Before you engage the effect button 2 should be ON in order for mapped BUTTON to toggle between 'unit ON' and 'button 2' on each press.

Macro knob:
    Add In > FX Unit > Dry/Wet / fader-relative / rotary sensitivity=80% ; acceleration=0% / Unit 1
    Add In > FX Unit > Knob 1 / button-direct / value=0.620 / Unit 1
    Add In > FX Unit > Knob 2 / button-direct / value=0.690 / Unit 1
    Add In > FX Unit > Knob 3 / fader-direct / Unit 1
    Add In > FX Unit > Dry/Wet / fader-relative / rotary sensitivity=65% ; acceleration=0% / Unit 2
    Add In > FX Unit > Knob 1 / fader-relative / rotary sensitivity=55% ; acceleration=0% / Unit 2
    Add In > FX Unit > Knob 2 / button-direct / value=0.050 / Unit 2
    Add In > FX Unit > Knob 3 / button-direct / value=0.850 / Unit 2
    Add In > FX Unit > Button 1 / button-hold / Unit 2
    Add In > FX Unit > Button 2 / button-hold / Unit 2
    Add In > FX Unit > Button 3 / button-hold / Unit 2
    Add In > FX Unit > Effect Selector / button-direct / value=Transpose Stretch / Unit 2
    Add In > FX Unit > Effect Selector / button-direct / value=Reverb / Unit 2
    Add In > FX Unit > Effect Selector / button-direct / value=Peak Filter / Unit 2
    Add In > FX Unit > FX Unit Mode Selector / direct-Group / Unit 2
    note: Before using this knob, Transpose should be set for 0.500
    Last edited by Stewe; 02-06-2013 at 09:58 AM. Reason: *parameters added*

Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast