The Ultimate FX Thread - Page 2
Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MWagner View Post
    I'm a little confused, on this one:

Doesn't this line prevent the effect from turning on at all?
    Button 3 is doing the trick here. No need for FX unit to be on... You sure to try it out?

Perfect Thread,

You can expect alot of questions (also from me).

Super Knob

White Noise (ish) effect

Add in > FX Unit > Effect Selector 1 / type-button / mode-direct / value- Gater
    Add in > FX Unit > Effect Selector 2 / type-button / mode-direct / value- Mulholland Drive
    Add in > FX Unit > Effect Selector 3 / type-button / mode-direct / value- Peak Filter
    Add in > FX Unit > Button 1 / type- button / mode-Hold
    Add in > FX Unit > Button 2 / type- button / mode-Hold
    Add in > FX Unit > Button 3 / type- button / mode-Hold
    Add in > FX Unit > Button 3 / type- button / mode-Hold
    Add in > FX Unit > D/W Adjust / type- knob / mode-direct
    Add in > FX Unit > Knob 1 / type- knob / mode-relative / Rotary Sensivity - 23% / Rotary Acceleration - 0%
    Add in > FX Unit > Knob 2 / type- knob / mode-relative / Rotary Sensivity - 100% / Rotary Acceleration - 0%
    Add in > FX Unit > Knob 3 / type- knob / mode-relative / Rotary Sensivity - 70% / Rotary Acceleration - 20%

Make same FX unit assignment for all commands.

I usually assign it to an empty deck with gain bumped up quite a bit. The final end of the effect sounds kinda dirty and glitchy though so I don't usually go there. It'd be awesome if someone tried it and improved it.
    HP Envy 14 Beats Edition, Traktor Pro 2, NI Kontrol S4, NI Kontrol X1, NI Kontrol F1, AIAIA TMA-1

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Pancaker View Post
    I usually assign it to an empty deck with gain bumped up quite a bit. The final end of the effect sounds kinda dirty and glitchy though so I don't usually go there. It'd be awesome if someone tried it and improved it.
    Thanks for contribute! I don't have controller ATM to check your parameters but can imagine how it sounds since I was experimenting on white noise as well. Found that Drive, LOFI and T3 Reverb with right amount of parameters can bring it close to original. I ended to use white noise sample when mixing techno and psy.

Here is the sample of it if somebody want to do the same:White_Noise.zip

Here's a quick and easy mapping I threw together for anyone who, like me, has an old numark mixtrack lying around that they no longer use. It controls any 4 of the macro fx through the mixtrack's jog wheels.

https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/950
    Facebook : Soundcloud : Beatport DJ : Twitter DJ
    My Show: Sunday Nights 00:00 - 02:00 GMT (7pm -9pm EST) on Fokus FM Radio
    My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by MWagner View Post
    Here's a quick and easy mapping I threw together for anyone who, like me, has an old numark mixtrack lying around that they no longer use. It controls any 4 of the macro fx through the mixtrack's jog wheels.]
    Can you give the mapping in tekst like on this first page of the thread. I think thats the reason of the thread. It's easyer than to inport your tsi and analyse it. No hard feelings I hope

To 0Notice and Stewe, can you place the good FX Mappings on the first page?

Thx, Mad

Quote Originally Posted by Madsoldier View Post
    Can you give the mapping in tekst like on this first page of the thread. I think thats the reason of the thread. It's easyer than to inport your tsi and analyse it. No hard feelings I hope

Thx, Mad
    I only posted it in case anyone had a specific need for it, there's nothing in there with a mapping complicated enough to require listing out the steps. the drama sweep effect is already listed and the rest is just mapping basic fx controls.
    My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Madsoldier View Post

Thx, Mad
    sorry if that came off as dismissive, here's the macro jog effects section of the mapping.

Mapped to fader
    Add in > FX Unit > DryWet / type-fader/ mode-direct

Mapped to jog wheel TOUCH

Add in > mixer > Effect unit on / type-button / mode-hold/deck A
    Add in > mixer > Effect unit on / type-button / mode-hold/deck B (Invert) (and vice versa, depending which deck you’re mapping for)
    Add in > FX Unit > Button 1 / type-button / mode-hold

Mapped to jog wheel ROTATION

Add in > FX Unit > Knob 1 / type-encoder/ mode-relative

mapped to each selector button

Add in > FX Unit > Effect Selector / type-button / mode-direct / value-Laserslice(or whatever)
    Add In > FX Unit > Knob 1 / type-button / mode-direct / value-0.500
    Add In > FX Unit > FX Unit Mode Selector / type-button / mode-direct / value-group
    Add in > FX Unit > FX Store preset / type-button / mode-trigger
    My Setup

Super Knob FX: Instant Build Up, Do I need a Button or a Knob? I want to do it with the Jog Wheel?

?: Add in > FX Unit > Modifier X / type- knob / mode-relative / rotary sensitivity - 10% / rotary acceleration - 0%: = Modifier X my Jog Wheel?
    OK: Add in > FX Unit > Button 1 / type- button / mode-direct / value - 1 (I use Hold, is that ok?)
    OK: Add in > FX Unit > Button 2 / type- button / mode-direct / value - 1 (I use Hold, is that ok?)
    ?: Add in > FX Unit > Button 3 / type- button / mode-direct / value - 1 / Modifier X - 3, I dont understand this?
    ?: Add in > FX Unit > Button 3 / type- button / mode-direct / value - 0 / Modifier X - 2, I dont understand this?
    ?: Add in > FX Unit > D/W Adjust / type- knob / mode-direct, (Do I need a Value? I don't have a knob, just button)
    ?: Add in > FX Unit > Knob 1 / type- knob / mode-direct, (Do I need a Value? I don't have a knob, just button)
    ?: Add in > FX Unit > Knob 2 / type- knob / mode-direct, (Do I need a Value? I don't have a knob, just button)
    ?: Add in > FX Unit > Knob 3 / type- knob / mode-direct, (Do I need a Value? I don't have a knob, just button)
    Add in > FX Unit > FX Unit mode selector / type- button / mode-direct / value- group

please excuse me for the inconvenience but I'm trying to learn the mapping and it is verry hard.
    Thx again

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Thanks for contribute! I don't have controller ATM to check your parameters but can imagine how it sounds since I was experimenting on white noise as well. Found that Drive, LOFI and T3 Reverb with right amount of parameters can bring it close to original. I ended to use white noise sample when mixing techno and psy.

Here is the sample of it if somebody want to do the same:White_Noise.zip

No problem man! I actually mapped a bunch of super knobs on my X1.. will see if I get around to posting them. One of them is ArmyofMe's sweep n' drama effect, the other one I can't remember since I rarely use it anyway lol.

I tried going the white noise sample route some time ago but in the end I just couldn't get used to having a separate track just for that.
    HP Envy 14 Beats Edition, Traktor Pro 2, NI Kontrol S4, NI Kontrol X1, NI Kontrol F1, AIAIA TMA-1

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast