The Ultimate FX Thread - Page 25
Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Well I had same idea for my CNTRL:R mapping except for I didn't use any buttons. I've mapped a modifier to fader, but in the way that it jumps to value 1 only when fader is at 0% and soon as I move it up and all the way to 100% the value switches to 0. This means if I add i.e. FX parameter value 0.5 > map it to knob > dedicate modifier condition M=1...

I move fader all down (M=1) and as I start to bring it in the parameter start point has been activated. Then I have mapped all the relative controls to M=0. TADA

But setting that modifier behavior was pain and there isn't a steady recipe for it since not every controller has the same resolutions.

It save an effect snapshot. This command rule if you want for example two buttons to change effect, set value and activate different effects in same FX slot.
    Thanks for the reply Stewe...
    I had a similar idea too about the modifier but it doesn't have all the power I wish...
    Anyway thanks for all your time replying...this is only my 2nd mapping but I think with some time I'll be able to go pretty deep in mapping

I whish traktor offers 3 mod slot + mode cond value...FX unit ON/off, Flux mode ON/off, etc...
    + if they could integrate what I asked in this thread... an ajustable range in the direct mode for fader/knob would be so powerful...

I mapped my filter so it works to +85 to -85 instgead of +-100 (I like it that way better) but sometimes it drift if I use the knob in my other mode which is balance...and I'm stuck with something like +5 to 90 and +5 to -80 or something like that...So I will probably set it back to direct

THANKS A LOT STEWE

Quote Originally Posted by thj17 View Post
    I whish traktor offers 3 mod slot + mode cond value...FX unit ON/off, Flux mode ON/off, etc...
    + if they could integrate what I asked in this thread... an ajustable range in the direct mode for fader/knob would be so powerful...
    Agreed. Would be great.
    Mapping Enthusiast
    S4 | X1 | F1 | MF3D

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thj17 View Post
    Thanks for the reply Stewe...
    I had a similar idea too about the modifier but it doesn't have all the power I wish...
    Anyway thanks for all your time replying...this is only my 2nd mapping but I think with some time I'll be able to go pretty deep in mapping
    For your second mapping ever I'm pretty impressed! It's nice to see that someone who comes here to look for help on some more advanced shit then all the ordinary questions I've been seeing the most of time.

Welcome to the club. It's been a three years since I repeat myself about increased number of modifiers and condition slots. I even start to bore myself... Seems that NI care all about their HID integration and don't give much respect to keep up with current mapping needs for their users.

THANKS A LOT STEWE
    You are welcome dude! Feel free to post your mapping once you got it finished, I'd like to hear how your effects combos sound.

Also, If you have some parameters to share here is the right place to post them

All the best,

Welcome to the club. It's been a three years since I repeat myself about increased number of modifiers and condition slots.
    3+ modifier conditions are already possible (3 is very easy), just create layers of modifiers (modifiers within modifiers, a matrix if you prefer).
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yul View Post
    3+ modifier conditions are already possible (3 is very easy), just create layers of modifiers (modifiers within modifiers, a matrix if you prefer).
    I'm actually talking about another pair of this:

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Yul View Post
    Yeah cascading 2 modifier to achieve 64 state
    or integrate 3 simple modifiers(2 state) into one modifier is pretty easy
    but it adds commands line into the mapping so a 3rd slot and even 4th slot would be great

+ the conditions available right now are limited compared to what it could be ...I had to map a modifier to beat phase the flux on state to play/pause button would have been so easy to NI to integrate flux mode value in the condition list...

Tech Wizard

You are welcome dude! Feel free to post your mapping once you got it finished, I'd like to hear how your effects combos sound.

Also, If you have some parameters to share here is the right place to post them

All the best,
    I was more planning of mapping all the stuff...use some combos posted here and there and make my experiments later (I have 3 kids so not much times left for me)

@0notice

Can you keep this sticky updated with video content and parameters? What happen to enthusiasm?

@0notice

Can you keep this sticky updated with video content and parameters? What happen to enthusiasm?
    I have just been extremely busy recently. Here I am going to spend some time fixing things up.

Edit:

Moved some stuff around and since I plan on having some free time I might make us a TSI file for the instant gratification parameters!

The enthusiasm is not lost Stewe!
    Last edited by 0Notice; 05-27-2013 at 10:39 PM.
    Mapping Enthusiast
    S4 | X1 | F1 | MF3D

Quote Originally Posted by 0Notice View Post
    The enthusiasm is not lost Stewe!
    That's good to hear!

Since I got my Spectra I started my custom mapping for traktor that I'm still working on. It's ultimate tool.

Here is mapping in first MF bank: