The Ultimate FX Thread - Page 34
Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Hi guys,

I'm using an s4 to play with Traktor and i'd like to use my MF Spectra and the F1 for the effects.
    I like the instant gratification mapping for the Spectra, is it possible to map the F1 with the same setup (or even with another mapping)?
    Then i'll use the spectra for decks A and C and the F1 for decks B and D

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    All of effect related commands are in one place and easy to find so I haven't bother to include the prefix in the line. but here's where you should look at:

Add In > FX Unit

Steve, if you dont mind can you please translate ramp delay codes for me?? I've tried add in fx but not working after weeks trying

I'm using traktor F1

Ok this is going out to the Traktor mapping gods, Iv'e succesfully been using the instant grat 4 button beat masher combo with my CMD Studio 4a. The only problem is I can't get it to hold the effect until the last button is released like in this video SKIP TO 7 MINUTES

When I first made my 4 button masher, (NO COMBO) , I followed his directions, Chris Lim from video, and it worked flawlessly but when I use the 4 button beat masher combo TSI instead, which has that great trail off when the 4th button is pressed, I have to press and hold all the buttons down to achieve the beat masher progression that everyone knows and loves.

So my question is, would it be possible to achieve the 4 button combo effect where you don't have to hold all the buttons down like in the video. All my past attempts have been futile and now I turn to the council of the Traktor mapping gods and ask for your assistance. I offer to sacrifice a large bucket of KFC in your honor!

Thanks for any help,
    Steve A.K.A. KingCast
    Last edited by KingCast; 04-22-2014 at 10:27 AM.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

You can build one hold type button to create that Transpose sweep:

-set two effect On buttons
    -set D/W to 1
    -set masher to 1
    -set transpose to 1
    -decrease the value of transpose knob (use button options to choose the resolution)

You can try to produce this: http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=53408

It's a four button BeatMasher combo in one button.

So you're saying go back to my original beat masher setup (no combo) and just add the transpose effect to the last button, correct?

Sounds almost too simple but you're the genius and you have never led me astray in the past so I'll give it a shot tomorrow and report back.

Thanks allot Stewe!

Stewe, I wanted to let you know that I won't be active on the fourms for the next three months, Im marching Drum Corps this summer and I will be on the road the whole time without access to DJing or Internet. I leave this thread in your hands (as if it was ever in anyone else's )
    Mapping Enthusiast
    S4 | X1 | F1 | MF3D

Hey 0Notice, that sounds cool - have fun! I'll keep doing my thing while you're out, no worries

Tech Wizard

Just went through this entire thread.. Great job Stewe & everyone else for the contribution(Sorry, Some user names are hard to remember, Anyway u know who you are). U have all inspired me a lot. Working on a mapping for myself. On a second note I'm wondering why anyone hasn't played with a good combo for using Gater on Single Mode. Its a great effect, doesn't create unwanted noises, but has a distinct flavour of its own. Saw James Zabiela use it on his nanapod last year, was sounding sick.

I've been playing with it & planning to implement it in my current mapping. Want to assign 4 pads to it. Any recommendations on 4 interesting combination of values ?
    Last edited by lothar; 05-16-2014 at 04:00 PM.

No love for XY pads? I'm trying to find a new effect for the XY on my nanopad mapping but this thread doesn't seem to have anything of the sort. Anybody have any neat XY pad mappings to share?
    I don't know what to put here