The Ultimate FX Thread - Page 9
Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jthightower45 View Post
    Check on post #58 for more info: http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthr...?t=8545&page=6 I have my .tsi file w/ modifiers attached in the post.

Basically you use w/ tape delay in advanced mode.

Start with D/W at 0% and the FX unit should be "ON".
    Map (1) button to turn on both buttons 2 & 3 on teh FX unit.
    Alsp map that same button to turn off the FX unit when pressed.
    So when Button 2 & 3 are active the unit is turned off, when released unit turns back on.
    Map a knob or fader for D/W control and anotehr for Knob 3 control.
    After turning on button 2 & 3 you work in the effect w/ D/W and change it's speed w/ Knob 3.

Here's an example of what it it sounds like: Ritchie Hawtin Effect Audio Clip

Also, Stewe posted a Dub Fire sound effect on the same thread, post #40, and a nice vid example.

Enjoy!
    Sounds GREAT but... The File downloads as a .xml repost bro!
    Mapping Enthusiast
    S4 | X1 | F1 | MF3D

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by 0Notice View Post
    Sounds GREAT but... The File downloads as a .xml repost bro!
    The audio file? I posted on my google drive and should work for anyone w/ link.
    Try pasting this in your browser: docs.google.com/file/d/0B6CPtvZ230XBR25ra0FKUDNhZUk/edit

Quote Originally Posted by jthightower45 View Post
    The audio file? I posted on my google drive and should work for anyone w/ link.
    Try pasting this in your browser: docs.google.com/file/d/0B6CPtvZ230XBR25ra0FKUDNhZUk/edit
    No, the Traktor File.
    Mapping Enthusiast
    S4 | X1 | F1 | MF3D

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by 0Notice View Post
    No, the Traktor File.
    see if this works: Hawtin Effect.tsi

I'm trying cleaning up this mapping, so I will post something else as soon as it's done.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Let's keep this on topic and share actual parameters

TSI's could be nice addition tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Let's keep this on topic and share actual parameters

TSI's could be nice addition tho.
    He he.. Thats why I want the file to I can type everything up the right way... Still not working. Ohh well.
    OHH and stewe do you have the parameters for the Dubfire Fx?
    Last edited by 0Notice; 02-04-2013 at 08:45 PM.
    Mapping Enthusiast
    S4 | X1 | F1 | MF3D

Maybe I'll come up with a variation of the same effect. I'm just finishing 'build/brake/release' effect mode for my CNTRL"R ulima tool where I'm gonna drop this Tape delay build in one of the pads. Main idea is to use eight pads to select and activate groups of effects and use two faders for modulation the parameters. Then I have four other pads mapped for release effect feature which applies secondary effects on top of presets and disengages it - similar to rmx1000.

Tape delay will sit there pretty nice.

Tech Wizard

Maybe I'll come up with a variation of the same effect. ..... Main idea is to use eight pads to select and activate groups of effects and use two faders for modulation the parameters. Then I have four other pads mapped for release effect feature which applies secondary effects on top of presets and disengages it - similar to rmx1000.
    Nice man. Sorry I didn't have time to post in the format we've been running. Funny thing Stewe, I think we are mapping a similar kind of functionality on our controllers. LOL. Thx for rebuidling Hawtin effect for the forum.

Whatever other stuff you want to share I'd like to learn. I just expanded my K2 that has 6 pads to select & activate groups by adding a modifier to give a total of 12 pads. Defiantley what to get everyone's insights so I can fill everything up w/ solid FX.

Tech Wizard

Maybe I'll come up with a variation of the same effect. I'm just finishing 'build/brake/release' effect mode for my CNTRL"R ulima tool where I'm gonna drop this Tape delay build in one of the pads. Main idea is to use eight pads to select and activate groups of effects and use two faders for modulation the parameters. Then I have four other pads mapped for release effect feature which applies secondary effects on top of presets and disengages it - similar to rmx1000.

Tape delay will sit there pretty nice.
    Speaking of this...I've been trying to do something similar for a while now on my XoneK2 except using smart knobs instead of pads...basically having 4 knobs for buildups like the main knob on the rmx-1000 and using modifiers to place the 4 knobs in multiple banks to change what group of effects they use and how they sweep them. In regards to the "disengaging," I've been looking for more ideas..mapping something like a freeze echo disengage was easy...but I've had no luck emulating TT brake disengage on the rmx-1000 as it seems impossible with the TTFX in Traktor. The effect does not work instantaneously when you try to drop it during a buildup....somehow has to buffer audio then drops the effect a whole bar later. I can't seem to find a workaround for this. Any thoughts? I've read people use pitch bend to emulate the effect...but it always sounds like garbage, and it interrupts the playback of the song throwing off the timing of things.
    Last edited by rafiq; 02-05-2013 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rafiq View Post
    Speaking of this....though it seems impossible with the TTFX in Traktor. The effect does not work instantaneously when you engage it during a buildup....somehow has to buffer audio then drops the effect a whole bar later.
    You are correct. It takes eight beats for TTFX buffer to record the track before it can be used and there is no workaround for this. I've set TTFX selector in to B/B/R mode PAD so when I select this mode it instantly loads it and gives me some time to mess with effects before dropping TTFX. Maybe that helps a bit.

Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast