The Ultimate FX Thread - Page 37
Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Cool - I'm glad you have sorted it out canzil! Let me know if you need more help with that mapping.

Just in case anybody want to map this effect and use it directly with fader/knob here is some parameters:

Modifier #1 / type=button / mode=hold / value=1
    FX Unit Mode / type=button / mode=direct / value=Single
    Unit On / type=button / mode=direct / value=1 (stays always on)
    No Button #1
    Button #2 / type=button / mode=hold
    Button #3 / type=button / mode=direct / value=0
    Dry/Wet / type=fader / mode=relative / rotary sensitivity=60% / acceleration=0%
    Dry/Wet / Modifier Condition M1=0 / type=button / mode=direct / value=0.000
    Knob #1 / type=button / mode=direct / value=0.500
    Knob #2 / type=button / mode=direct / value=0.500
    Knob #3 / type=fader / mode=relative / rotary sensitivity=100% / acceleration=0%
    Knob #3 / Modifier Condition M1=0 / type=button / mode=direct / value=0.000
    Store Preset / type=button / mode=trigger

Happy mapping

Stewe
    Just add
    Effect #1 Selector / type=button / mode=direct / value=tape delay

But I dont like this effect still on, cause this "stop" the music, have a easy way to turn it off when I turn the knob to start position back to turn ON the effect Stewe?

Thanks master!
    Last edited by canzil; 07-21-2014 at 01:09 PM.

Tech Convert

I'm wondering if some of the more seasoned mappers here can confirm something for me. I'm a bit of a novice at this stuff, so I figure I'm missing something in my observation.

I've been working on an F1 mapping in MIDI mode to set and control effects in Traktor, and I'm running into a behavior that I didn't get when I was working on a similar mapping in User mode. The basic idea is that I hit a pad and it sets the effects for an effects chain, and the far left knob at the top turns each parameter on and controls the dry/wet and 3 FX knobs simultaneously. I've also set a modifier on a fader so that when it's thrown, the knobs at the top function like the FX controls of an S2/S4, each controlling their own parameter.

In addition to this, I've set the output on the pads to dance with pre-fader levels just because I think it looks nifty

So the problem I've been having with it is that when I push a pad to change the effects, it doesn't always work. Some pads it works right away, other pads I've got to hit 3 or 4 times before the effects change. My initial observation was that somehow the pre-fader output was interfering. The pads near the top where my levels don't always reach seem to be the buttons I have no issues with, whereas the pads further down are the ones I have to hit a number of times and seemed to work more frequently on offbeats.

When I removed the pre-fader outs, however, the issue still occurred. I'm at a loss. Any ideas?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by canzil View Post
    Just add
    Effect #1 Selector / type=button / mode=direct / value=tape delay

But I dont like this effect still on, cause this "stop" the music, have a easy way to turn it off when I turn the knob to start position back to turn ON the effect Stewe?

Thanks master!
    That is right, it always stays On because you need effect to be engaged right before you hit that freeze button. Dry/Wet Modifier (M1=0) should be doing a preset value change trick which keeps the CC knob acceleration always in a same range so with your knob in start position your effect is set to Dry signal and you shouldn't worry about any FX drop ins. Think further and try to link knob to the FX On buttons in your mixer to build some other pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillsky View Post
    I'm wondering if some of the more seasoned mappers here can confirm something for me. I'm a bit of a novice at this stuff, so I figure I'm missing something in my observation.

I've been working on an F1 mapping in MIDI mode to set and control effects in Traktor, and I'm running into a behavior that I didn't get when I was working on a similar mapping in User mode. The basic idea is that I hit a pad and it sets the effects for an effects chain, and the far left knob at the top turns each parameter on and controls the dry/wet and 3 FX knobs simultaneously. I've also set a modifier on a fader so that when it's thrown, the knobs at the top function like the FX controls of an S2/S4, each controlling their own parameter.

In addition to this, I've set the output on the pads to dance with pre-fader levels just because I think it looks nifty

So the problem I've been having with it is that when I push a pad to change the effects, it doesn't always work. Some pads it works right away, other pads I've got to hit 3 or 4 times before the effects change. My initial observation was that somehow the pre-fader output was interfering. The pads near the top where my levels don't always reach seem to be the buttons I have no issues with, whereas the pads further down are the ones I have to hit a number of times and seemed to work more frequently on offbeats.

When I removed the pre-fader outs, however, the issue still occurred. I'm at a loss. Any ideas?
    Hey Stillsky,

This mapping is something I would need to troubleshoot with a controller. You could remind me about it in two weeks from today because that's when I'm expecting my F1 to arrive...

I'd be happy to help but If you happen to figure it out in the mid time, let us know! Sure sounds like a funny mapping glitch.

...to be continued...

Tech Wizard

Thanks Stewe!
    wow! I'm happy you order a F1! This is big news for all mappings fans hahaha

Tech Convert

Hey Stillsky,

This mapping is something I would need to troubleshoot with a controller. You could remind me about it in two weeks from today because that's when I'm expecting my F1 to arrive...

I'd be happy to help but If you happen to figure it out in the mid time, let us know! Sure sounds like a funny mapping glitch.

...to be continued...
    I've been playing with it a bit. I think I figured out what was causing that behavior, at least to a certain degree. I also think I've fixed it, but I won't know for sure until I use the map for serious in a set lol.

In the controller editor, I had the pads set to toggle. So in essence, if I hit pad #1 to call up one chain, then pad #2 to call up another, I'd have to hit pad #1 twice to get that chain back (once to toggle it off, twice to toggle it back on to bring up the effects mapped to it.) However, with those pads set to toggle and the pre-fader outputs kicking, I had the aforementioned issue of having to hit certain pads more than a standard toggle would call for. When I removed the pre-fader outputs, the pads worked exactly as you would expect them to work set as toggles.

The fix I've come up with is to set the pads to "Inc" in the controller editor, steps to 0, and the range for each pad is relative to its place in the meter. The pads then trigger the different effects chain instantaneously with no issues so far, and I get my dancing leds

I've been playing with it a bit. I think I figured out what was causing that behavior, at least to a certain degree. I also think I've fixed it, but I won't know for sure until I use the map for serious in a set lol.

In the controller editor, I had the pads set to toggle. So in essence, if I hit pad #1 to call up one chain, then pad #2 to call up another, I'd have to hit pad #1 twice to get that chain back (once to toggle it off, twice to toggle it back on to bring up the effects mapped to it.) However, with those pads set to toggle and the pre-fader outputs kicking, I had the aforementioned issue of having to hit certain pads more than a standard toggle would call for. When I removed the pre-fader outputs, the pads worked exactly as you would expect them to work set as toggles.

The fix I've come up with is to set the pads to "Inc" in the controller editor, steps to 0, and the range for each pad is relative to its place in the meter. The pads then trigger the different effects chain instantaneously with no issues so far, and I get my dancing leds
    Nice work man!
    Also thanks for tip on F1 pads. Sounds very useful when looping MIDI back to Traktor.

If you like, feel free to share your mapping to community

Tech Convert

Nice work man!
    Also thanks for tip on F1 pads. Sounds very useful when looping MIDI back to Traktor.

If you like, feel free to share your mapping to community
    Sooo....

The mapping stopped working altogether for some unexplained reason. I tried a few things to try to get it to work again. Restarted Traktor, unplugged/replugged the F1, made sure I'm 100% up-to-date with drivers and such, and none of that worked. I pruned out all the outs, that didn't work either.

I'm going to start from scratch, and this time I'm not going to worry about the LED output. I'll just focus on getting the buttons to function the way I want them to. Should be easier to troubleshoot that way too

If I can get it to work, I'd gladly share it with the community!

Tech Wizard

Sooo....

The mapping stopped working altogether for some unexplained reason. I tried a few things to try to get it to work again. Restarted Traktor, unplugged/replugged the F1, made sure I'm 100% up-to-date with drivers and such, and none of that worked. I pruned out all the outs, that didn't work either.

I'm going to start from scratch, and this time I'm not going to worry about the LED output. I'll just focus on getting the buttons to function the way I want them to. Should be easier to troubleshoot that way too

If I can get it to work, I'd gladly share it with the community!
    I was working on a custom F1 Fx Mapping for myself a few months back & was experiencing a lot of problems as well. I don't remember the exact reason why but have set all the pads to "Gate" mode.. Seems to work for me. Just a suggestion now that your'r working on your mapping. It might help you

Tech Convert

Hey thanks for the suggestion!

I haven't really worked on the mapping so much over the last handful of days. I've been mulling over sections of the Controller Editor manual to really learn what the hell I'm doing. I was approaching this in Typical Guy mode: screw the manual, pull it all apart and systematically piece it together to try and learn how it works Turns out the manual is actually pretty helpful lol

Hey Guys,

Updated first page with some content from this thread. Be sure to check out tutorial on "Relative Modifier" mapping technique that splits your knob in to two independently mappable ranges.

Start position (0) > Center (63)
    Modifier=0

Center (64) > Far end position (127)
    Modifier=7
    Happy Mapping