The Ultimate FX Thread - Page 41
Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Hey

I'm trying to configure a filter 92 to be as close as possible to an EQ (with zero resonance ofc) for the remix decks slots
    Did someone map it in single mode fx? I searched forums in vain

/e I allready tried button3 freeze but it's pretty similar to the group effect version
    Last edited by trabz; 09-23-2016 at 06:36 AM.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trabz View Post
    Hey

I'm trying to configure a filter 92 to be as close as possible to an EQ (with zero resonance ofc) for the remix decks slots
    Did someone map it in single mode fx? I searched forums in vain

/e I allready tried button3 freeze but it's pretty similar to the group effect version
    Third knob (RES) is filters resonance control. Do you have it set all the way to the left for zero resonance?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Third knob (RES) is filters resonance control. Do you have it set all the way to the left for zero resonance?
    I think 2nd button&knod are resonance, and last one becomes HP/LP when froze

yes indeed I got it to zero

Third if you count in D/W

Well that's the most of you can do with the effect.

Default Switching & Enable FX with 1 Button

Hey Folks,
    i have a quick Mapping Question, this is driving me crazy and i cant figure it out by myself.
    On my generic Midi Controller i have lots of Buttons and i mapped them to change the Effect
    and Parameters (Button 1-3 & Knobs 1-3) with a single Buttonpress. This works quite fine,
    but somehow you can hear a crackle sound when switching the FX.
    I mapped the buttons with modifiers, so when you press the button the modifier becomes "1" e.g
    and when you press it again, it becomes "0" (a simple Togglebutton)
    I also tried to change this modifier in the way it behaves by using the "invert-option"
    so when you press the button the modifier will still be at "0", it will become "1" after you release it.
    (I thought the problem could be that it tries to change and enable the FX at the same time, but it wasnt.
    The crackle Sound was still there)

thanks in advance (stewe)

Quote Originally Posted by spooner View Post
    Hey Folks,
    i have a quick Mapping Question, this is driving me crazy and i cant figure it out by myself.
    On my generic Midi Controller i have lots of Buttons and i mapped them to change the Effect
    and Parameters (Button 1-3 & Knobs 1-3) with a single Buttonpress. This works quite fine,
    but somehow you can hear a crackle sound when switching the FX.
    I mapped the buttons with modifiers, so when you press the button the modifier becomes "1" e.g
    and when you press it again, it becomes "0" (a simple Togglebutton)
    I also tried to change this modifier in the way it behaves by using the "invert-option"
    so when you press the button the modifier will still be at "0", it will become "1" after you release it.
    (I thought the problem could be that it tries to change and enable the FX at the same time, but it wasnt.
    The crackle Sound was still there)

thanks in advance (stewe)
    Hey Spooner,

I have had this same issue in older versions of Traktor... Which version are you at btw?

Can you hear those clicks even with "FX Unit ON" buttons disengaged?

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Hey Spooner,

I have had this same issue in older versions of Traktor... Which version are you at btw?

Can you hear those clicks even with "FX Unit ON" buttons disengaged?

Im running the latest Version of Traktor.
    I've tried the following for quite a while:
    i switched between two effects (Reverb T3 & Iceverb, both in Single Mode) with "FX Unit ON" disabled, and the click sound wasnt there. But as soon as i acivate "FX Unit ON" the "click" could be heard, even though the The Effect itself wasnt On (Unit On = Off), it was just switched..........
    isnt that creepy?

what was your workaround for this problem?

You say this selector buttons also got a modifiers built in. Does click in audio happens if you map only Effect Selector and Unit ON?
    Can you attach your mapping in reply? ("controller mappings" and "effect settings")

I've just tested this in all four FX Units and I couldn't notice any pops or clicks.

Button 1:
    Select Reverb + Unit ON/OFF

Button 2:
    Select IceVerb + Unit ON/OFF

Default Switching FX with 1 Button

I've testet the whole Weekend and did a fresh Installation of Traktor.
    It is now working for Togglebuttons, if i first load the Effect and then activate the Effect.
    So with the first press the Effect is selected and with the release it will be activated.
    It is important that you dont release it instantly, you have to wait at least ~0,5 sec.
    Otherwise i can still hear the click Sound.
    Its also an option to increase the latency if necessary

what about instant Effects, that are activated with a "hold" Button (singlepress) - Here i am pretty much lost

@Stewe:
    i will send you a small Breakdown of my Mapping with only 3 Buttons, so its easier for you read my mapping

and

Thx for the quick response, its a pleasure to have somebody like you in this forum!