How powerful is NI's Maschine for production? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    Maschine is incredibly powerful on its own.

I think it falls short on exactly 2 counts from being a full-fledged DAW.

1) there's no good way to record vocals (or other long, non-repetitive segments) independent of scenes. Pickup notes, tails, etc. just don't work well with the way it works.

2) it's mixer sucks compared to those in a real DAW (Ableton, Logic, Pro Tools, etc.) or any actual hardware studio console.

Both of those problems are easily solvable by using it in conjunction with other gear.

But if you're not recording vocals and you're willing to do things the NI way (and use guitar rig to host your channel strips, which means being limited to NI's plugins for guitar rig) and not have any half decent level meters, it's perfectly possible to make a track from start to finish in Maschine, though it would be pretty taxing on your computer.

That being said, NI's Solid Mix Series and Vintage Compressors, combined with some of the other effects available for Guitar Rig……are pretty good. I don't use them, because I don't like working that way……but not because it isn't possible.

In short, Maschine is an awesome replacement for an MPC and synthesizers. It's not a replacement for a console and a multitrack tape machine………if that makes any sense to you.

Well said, the volumes especially on Maschine drive me crazy sometimes. I've also noticed that vocals have a hard time staying in time for anything longer than a few bars also, even with the time stretch feature.

Which is why people use it with something else. Make the beat in Maschine, record vocals or whatever else in something else. But you don't need that to start off.

Tech Mentor

All expansions are 50% off, nice!! Really wanted to buy that Steve Lawler's, now it's the time

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...sion&page=1773

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkAboutIt View Post
    All expansions are 50% off, nice!! Really wanted to buy that Steve Lawler's, now it's the time

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...sion&page=1773
    Yeah…I'm probably going to pick up the ones I'm missing. I'm a bit hesitant for the dubstep one, though.

Yeah…I'm probably going to pick up the ones I'm missing. I'm a bit hesitant for the dubstep one, though.
    I'm going to get that dupstep one an pop artist I'm working with wants a Dubstep remix of one of his songs I've already made a Club(house) version of his song.

And I also use Ableton for all long parts and Maschine for beats, bass and pads, for remixes. using Reason to make whole songs and maschine as a drum pad for that too.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Tech Guru

I make mostly house techno and electronica what pack/s would you recommend?

Tech Wizard

do mostly house and electro house, but the drop squad expansion is bad ass! first one with massive presents, and some pretty good ones too

Tech Mentor

NI is giving 25€ voucher for the holiday. I'm thinking getting the Raw Voltage expansion. Do anybody have it already? I have the Dark Pressure for the techno tech-house and I think Raw Voltage is suitable for it also

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkAboutIt View Post
    NI is giving 25€ voucher for the holiday. I'm thinking getting the Raw Voltage expansion. Do anybody have it already? I have the Dark Pressure for the techno tech-house and I think Raw Voltage is suitable for it also
    Raw voltage is really good lots of tough analogue sounds

Tech Mentor

that was fast thank you

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast