How powerful is NI's Maschine for production? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Clearly Ableton is the DAW of choice these days, but does anyone have any experience using the Maschine with Logic?

Quote Originally Posted by WesErect View Post
    Clearly Ableton is the DAW of choice these days, but does anyone have any experience using the Maschine with Logic?
    Sure, lots of people do. I have Maschine, Ableton, and Logic, and the difference between using using Maschine as a VST or standalone in Logic as opposed to Ableton is small if you compose, produce, and mix linearly. Using Maschine's non-linear capabilities is a little bit different but not terribly so.

Tech Mentor

What's the best way to export your sounds/groups to ableton? I normally make a drum kit han divide them all to different groups than export them. How are you guys doing it?

Depends on exactly how it works out with the way I have things set up in maschine, but I just use Maschine's bouncing to get audio bounces of each "sound" (meaning coherent "sounds", not maschine's sounds necessarily) and then import them to tracks.

I've done it that way with Pro Tools and Logic, and it works great. I've also recorded from using it as a plugin…works about as well.

Tech Wizard

Maschine is sick. I actually use it by itself as I want to master that first before looking to pair it with another daw. But by itself it still a little beast. I also used it in Midi mode with my s2 and f1 in tracktor to trigger all my effects (created my own mapping).

Check out maschinetutorials.com has eveything u need to know abou tmaschine workflow, tips and tricks, I started with that and learned so much more than I ever would of I did it on my own.

Tech Convert

if you guys have to choose between an mpc-1000 or maschine, which one would it be??? and why??
    thx. richard

Maschine - I've moved on from MPCs.

Tech Mentor

Sorry another question my keyboard doesn't have a midi output (only usb) how can I hook it up with maschine? I want to play a chord with a lead sound in it

Connect it by way of the computer - not to the maschine in hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkAboutIt View Post
    Sorry another question my keyboard doesn't have a midi output (only usb) how can I hook it up with maschine? I want to play a chord with a lead sound in it
    Mostly, you just plug it in. If the computer recognizes it, Maschine will see it as well. There is a place in the software setup to manage it, but I haven't found it particularly necessary.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast