How powerful is NI's Maschine for production? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Tech Mentor

Thank you for the fast answers

Tech Mentor

I wouldn't say Ableton is the preferred choice, by any means. Plenty of producers work in Logic or Pro Tools, et al. I certainly never could get my head around the workflow of Ableton as an editor. For clip launching - it's quite fun to play, I'll admit. I do love Logic though, and, it's only $200. I've had a Maschine MK2 for exactly a week, and it's a solid trip. And I know that I'm just scratching the surface. Definitely take the time to get to know the interface. They cram a lot into this little device. Run through all the tutorials and the manual. It integrates so easily with Logic... a talking monkey could do it. I spin house, mostly. I'm having fun using it for original "complimentary" grooves in various keys and playing it as a 3rd or 4th deck. Alas, it is very new to me - but, after a week, I can't see being without it.

Tech Convert

From reading the 'artist' part on the NI website, it reads that The Bloody Beetroots do their production while travelling on maschine.
    deadmau5 has also been known to use maschine, but i think he used it as a performance controller.

hope that helps !

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234