Xone K2 - changing latency ASIO latency settings destroys the universe

Default Xone K2 - changing latency ASIO latency settings destroys the universe

Morning Midi Mothers and Audio Uncles,

Looking for some help on the Xone K2 on Windows 7 (well Windows 8 but both versions exhibit the same symptoms). I am unable to adjust the ASIO latency settings without freezing Traktor. While I would love to spend my life running at 28ms latency, even my fat little fingers need more nimbility* than is currently on offer by the unit.
    I check the A+H forum and A+H themselves recognized the issues back in bloody August!

http://xoneforum.allen-heath.com/for...-asio-settings

A+H were good enough to state “From our findings it seems to only affect Windows 7 not XP” - I am so pleased that it doesn’t affect an operating system that’s almost old enough to have kids

Anyway, if anyone has a hack/workaround/fix for this it’s this global collection of reprobates. There may be a small prize for the person that helps me sort this.

*yes, this is a word.
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Tech Guru

I would try adjusting the latency settings via the original driver applet instead of through the Traktor audio setup. If you're trying to dial in a setting, you'll probably need to select the K2 ASIO driver to test, then de-select it (choose another audio interface), make your changes in the driver applet, then re-select the K2 driver in Traktor, test, rinse and repeat.

Tech Wizard

I just bought my K2 one month ago. Same deal. I'm really disappointed when things happen like this out the box.

Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post
    I would try adjusting the latency settings via the original driver applet instead of through the Traktor audio setup. If you're trying to dial in a setting, you'll probably need to select the K2 ASIO driver to test, then de-select it (choose another audio interface), make your changes in the driver applet, then re-select the K2 driver in Traktor, test, rinse and repeat.
    I am going to give this a go a bit later. The next step will be to see if there is a config file I can just edit directly... nah - that would be too easy.....
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.