Non DJ music.... What do you guys listen to in your time off? - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by blackavenger View Post
    Though I primarily listen to DnB, House, Techno, (deep) Dubstep/Future_Garage, I also listen to a broad range of
    (non-EDM) genres. I'm on the road a lot for my profession, so there is lots of time for tunes.
    Here are some of the albums I've listened to in the past week or so:

Radiohead - King of Limbs
    Fiona Apple - Tidal
    Metallica - ...And Justice For All
    Sade - Lovers Rock
    Fugazi - 13 Songs
    Black Star - Self Titled
    The Editors - The Back Room
    Bjork - Homogenic
    The Verve - A Northern Soul
    Antipop Consortium - Shopping Carts Crashing
    Sunny Day Real Estate - Diary
    The Smiths - The Queen is Dead
    The Dynospectrum - Self titled
    hey, another sunny day real estate fan! i love the rising tide and how it feels to be something on. i could never quite get into diary though. have you ever listened to their other project the fire theft? another amazing album right there.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

everything from 1920's styled gypsy jazz, chillout music to progressive metal and hardcore

i love all types of music which is what got me into djing. i tend to listen to many types of electronic music but also frequent some rnb, hip hop, jazzy stuff, and my first real love was rock so here are some of the rock bands that shaped a period of my life:

blinker the star
    sunny day real estate
    chris cornell's first solo album (and soundgarden)
    silverchair....i mean seriously, if you haven't listened to diorama or young modern you need to do so right now!
    jeff buckley
    ken andrews (failure, year of the rabbit, on)
    the mars volta
    stone temple pilots
    nine inch nails
    marilyn manson
    muse
    self (an artist that never quite broke though and i have no idea why...he's so good!)
    the beatles
    foo fighters
    alien ant farm
    spymob
    tool and a perfect circle (though maynard's shit attitude during the live shows i saw and the fact that most tool fans are arseholes kept me away from them for a bit - great talent from all involved though, no doubt).
    billy talent
    dredg
    jellyfish
    blind melon
    jason faulkner
    the grays

i know i'm forgetting a bunch but that's what i can think of off the top of my head. dont even get me started on the rest of the genres i love that i never quite get around to djing.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Tech Mentor

I mostly listen to house/ techno/ dnb even while driving around.

However I've always been a huge metal fan. Fave bands being
    Emperor
    Children of Bodom
    Wintersun
    Immortal
    Metallica
    Megadeth
    Kamelot
    Dimmu Borgir

I also like classic rock, mostly Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath
    and when it comes to hip hop, Eminem, Dr Dre, Jay-Z (hence, J-Zed), NWA, WuTang

Tech Wizard

i grew up on (nu) metal so I still get a major kick out of KoRn, Coal Chamber, Mudvayne, Tool etc stuff of that nature

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by rukkus View Post
    i grew up on (nu) metal so I still get a major kick out of KoRn, Coal Chamber, Mudvayne, Tool etc stuff of that nature
    KoRn is still one of my favourite bands of all time. I still know almost every song from KoRn through to Issues. Untouchables was okay, then imo they started to go the route of NIN but sucked at it.

Quote Originally Posted by JulianVeloso View Post
    There's no such thing as Dj music, you can spin whatever you like..
    Can you give me some info on the metal and country music DJ scenes in your area?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    Can you give me some info on the metal and country music DJ scenes in your area?
    I want to hear somebody try and beatmatch heavy metal blastbeats. Would be epic

Nah, I listen to the same thing I spin. House the whole way... UK DnB coming as a close second.

Quote Originally Posted by squidot View Post
    hey, another sunny day real estate fan! i love the rising tide and how it feels to be something on. i could never quite get into diary though. have you ever listened to their other project the fire theft? another amazing album right there.
    Yeah, I have listened to Fire theft, and i don't really like it. My favorite stuff is their earlier material. That's why I like Diary so much.....raw, emotional, and the instrumentation & production is off the charts!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast