New Traktor User needs help/advice
    Tech Wizard

Default New Traktor User needs help/advice

Hi all,
    I have recently purchased Traktor after using another software for quite a while.
    I have a DN-MC6000 and am just wondering how that will work with the remix decks. With "shift" I effectively have 8 sample buttons but my sample use is quite simple. So, will each sample button just trigger the top sample in each bank of the remix deck or is there somethign else I need to know?
    Hoping to get everything installed and set up this weekend so I have time to get used to this and then use it live early in the new year.
    Thanks again,
    Coops

Tech Wizard

You are going to have a real hard time getting those buttons to work with the remix decks on Traktor 2.6. Native Instruments does not offer support for anything to use the remix decks other than the F1. The top 4 sample launch buttons can be used, but not the rest.
    Being able to use the remix decks would likely involve using Bomes or an equivalent midi editor to basically fool traktor into thinking that your buttons are mouse clicks on a certain remix clip. The MF3D works with the remix decks because of all the hard work people put into getting it updated with custom firmware.
    However, Native Instruments has no plans to open up this remix deck functionality to outside hardware anytime soon. Using the Remix Decks effectively is a matter of purchasing an F1. Exactly how Native Instruments wanted it to be.