Non DJ music.... What do you guys listen to in your time off?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Non DJ music.... What do you guys listen to in your time off?

So, just to breathe new life into the forums, I was wondering what kind of tunes you guys listen to when not cultivating your Traktor collection or analyzing new tracks. What do you guys listen to in the car on the way to work? What do you hum in the shower? What do you try not to nod your head to when out with friends that dont like "DJ" music?

Im currently listening to Fleetwood Mac - Landslide. Before that was Rise Against - Under The Knife, along with Incubus - Drive. Looks like Red Hot Chili Peppers is on next.

So how bout it guys? What else do you listen to?

Chopin's valses (walzas in polish i guess) (number 10 is my fav). Other than that, nothing but brostep, drumpstep, and neurofunk
    Last edited by dope; 11-20-2012 at 03:19 PM.

Tech Mentor

I do listen to A LOT of techno, but since that isn't the question... I like some punk rock, new grass, outlaw country, indie dance, noise, harsh noise, harsh noise wall, and did I mention punk rock?

Also, is it wrong that I untz in the shower? Vocal untzing so I guess that counts as singing.

I was a big indie fan before I got into electronic music, but I don't tend to buy any of the newer pop/rock stuff as its not my scene any more. Still listen to the libertines, Franz Ferdinand and things occasionally. I also got quite into pearl jam a while back.

In the car I normally listen to BBC radio 1 which is pretty mainstream but has some good evening shows, and when they play a song that pisses me off or talk too much I switch to classic FM.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

I love reggae and smooth jazz, and sometimes I listen to eurodance when I feel like it

Mixcloud | Soundcloud | Facebook | Website(Dutch)

I mean, i would REALLY like to wake up and have boobs one day but there are reasons that just wouldnt work - Antifmradio

little bit of reggae, little bit of hip hop. 4 years or so ago I was a big Rammstein fan. I can really enjoy classical music as well. Or just pure piano tracks.

A lot of synthpop - Stereolab, Brazilian girls, yppah, etc. Also reggae and hip hop but I DJ with that so...

Tech Mentor

When not in House mode I still love punk and stuff derived from punk.
    Rancid, NOFX, etc through to harder stuff like Gallows then tripping on to melodic stuff like Social Distortion.

Tool
    IBM Thinkpad X41 - IBM Thinkpad T60p - Xone 4D - 2x SL1210 - Maschine mk2 white

Tech Wizard

A whole range of music for me.
    Pink floyd, the doors, the jam, dead Kennedys, tricky, manic street preachers.
    Last edited by paul1976; 11-21-2012 at 02:40 PM.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast