Just a little FU to NI. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by oliosky View Post
    Maschine hardware needs to be connected for maschine software to run.
    Nah - part of the strength of Maschine is the ability to run multiple/many instances of the VST. When I play out, I run at least three per Maschine (hardware). Sort of the way it used to be reassuring to have more than one MPC (the standalone ones of days past, not the Ren of course (oh gawd)), it's really easy and a nice workflow to be able to keep playing on one and load up a new instance/kit/project/template on one unit while continuing to play on the other. It's also nice to be able to expand beyond just the 8 kits (which granted is a lot). It would be a sad day if it were suddenly a 1-1 deal.

Audio 6/8/10 or TS certified mixer for traktor scratch to run.
    Sure.

Thats it. Fucking simple. I deplore having to contact some gormless fucking NI goon and wait for a week for him to get his hand off his dick to transfer the serial number that I OWN!
    Thank you for teaching me the word 'gormless'!

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by botstein View Post
    Nah - part of the strength of Maschine is the ability to run multiple/many instances of the VST. When I play out, I run at least three per Maschine (hardware). Sort of the way it used to be reassuring to have more than one MPC (the standalone ones of days past, not the Ren of course (oh gawd)), it's really easy and a nice workflow to be able to keep playing on one and load up a new instance/kit/project/template on one unit while continuing to play on the other. It's also nice to be able to expand beyond just the 8 kits (which granted is a lot). It would be a sad day if it were suddenly a 1-1 deal.

Sure.

Thank you for teaching me the word 'gormless'!
    I doesn't necessarily have to limit the maschine software to a 1:1 ratio, just that maschine hardware is connected to enable the first initiation of the software. With multiple instances allowable after the hardware/software initiation.

The term gormless is a perfect description of NI customer support workers.

Quote Originally Posted by botstein View Post
    It's also nice to be able to expand beyond just the 8 kits (which granted is a lot). It would be a sad day if it were suddenly a 1-1 deal.
    There's no reason to think it'd be 1:1……except that NI doesn't like doing things well for users.

I really don't understand why anyone would want more DRM or to be limited to hardware dongles. If you don't like service center, fine-it would be nice if they got rid of it but hardware dongles are even more backwards.

It is nice to be able to use software with no hardware and I enjoyed being able to use maschine standalone on the plane today and get some ideas down.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

TBH, if I had to keep gear hooked just to use Traktor or Maschine i'd probably sell them both. I agree that service center is a bit of a hit or miss but IMO moving to iLok or something similar isn't the solution.

My biggest FU to Traktor at the moment is HID for CDJ 850's.

Would make DJ'ing ideal for me!
    http://soundcloud.com/squirec Mixes mainly containing funky/disco/chicago/swing house. Although, there's always room for a little something different.
    Equipment: 15" Macbook Pro (Mid 2012), Traktor Pro 2, Traktor Kontrol X1, Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk2 x 2, Pioneer DJM 700, Sennheiser HD25 Mk2 headphones.

I never use Service Center. I just Download the updates.
    Needed to reinstall the other day when I got my new MacBook, but I installed the base off the CD and then the update.

Never use Service Center....

Do you have to with Maschine?
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    Needed to reinstall the other day when I got my new MacBook, but I installed the base off the CD and then the update.

I think that people take issue with service center registration. ALL NI products have to be registered through service center.

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    I really don't understand why anyone would want more DRM or to be limited to hardware dongles. If you don't like service center, fine-it would be nice if they got rid of it but hardware dongles are even more backwards.
    Frankly, I just can't figure out why I have to start another buggy, slow application (which seems to want updates at least as often as everything else) just to input my license keys as opposed to doing it during the install, when it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    It is nice to be able to use software with no hardware and I enjoyed being able to use maschine standalone on the plane today and get some ideas down.
    Okay. That's a valid point. But would you have been any worse off just drawing notes in Ableton instead? Or Finale. Or any of a dozen other things that will export MIDI?

Maschine's only real selling point is its hardware integration……without the hardware, it's just a slower, more limited Live that happens to come with a lot of samples.

Frankly, if I were in their place, I'd seriously consider giving away the Maschine software and just charging for sample libraries and hardware, probably at the same prices they're charging now.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    TBH, if I had to keep gear hooked just to use Traktor or Maschine i'd probably sell them both. I agree that service center is a bit of a hit or miss but IMO moving to iLok or something similar isn't the solution.
    Forgive me, but what exactly do you do with Traktor without hardware of some kind plugged in?

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post

You used Service Center to put in your license keys……unless, of course, your software is stolen and it doesn't take license keys.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    Forgive me, but what exactly do you do with Traktor without hardware of some kind plugged in?
    I also do a lot of work in traktor without hardware plugged in. I prep tracks while its slow at work and when I'm lounging on my couch at home. I occasionally work on ideas in maschine without the hardware plugged in as well.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast