(Tutorial) How to Map the F1 in MIDI Mode. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

The only way do define which color should be displayed for certain cue type is by using modifier condition assigned for each cue type command.

Add Out > Track Deck > Cue > Hotcue # Type

Now check modifier condition slot. Clock on it and drop down menu should appear - look for 'hotcue type' that corresponds to your selected cue number command, after selection assign it to deck.

Next thing check value slot (right next to modifier) and assign your cue type.

Now use MIDI range to pick a color... I don't know which value you should tweak for min/max to get all the colors but you should be able to find them from there. (I'm not an F1 user)

Let me know if that make sense.

Yes, it seems to be working. I didn't mess around with the midi range, just changed the colors accordingly from type to type command per pad. I'll keep you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by koenraadvds View Post
    Yes, it seems to be working. I didn't mess around with the midi range, just changed the colors accordingly from type to type command per pad. I'll keep you posted.
    Yes use the Color command per pad, thats how the F1 is designed to work its different than other controllers.
    Mapping Enthusiast
    S4 | X1 | F1 | MF3D

Yeah, didn't knew that... Thanks for head up 0Notice!

@koen- Glad you got it sorted out.

Oke, so now it kind of works. Problem is now that, if I go to another "page" on the F1 and go back, my colors are gone. (cue's work but no color assignments.

I have to reload the song or drag another song in the deck to update it's colors. Any idea?

Try 'Send Monitor State' command. Should refresh your controller output.

Quote Originally Posted by koenraadvds View Post
    Oke, so now it kind of works. Problem is now that, if I go to another "page" on the F1 and go back, my colors are gone. (cue's work but no color assignments.

I have to reload the song or drag another song in the deck to update it's colors. Any idea?
    Make sure you have color commands for both pages so traktor is sure to use the next page LED outs rather than the last ones.
    Mapping Enthusiast
    S4 | X1 | F1 | MF3D

Hi guys, my pages work now!

Now, how do I make the hot cue led's brighten up when I tap on them? Now they are just static. It's just for esthetics and visual feedback. I got it to work with the phase buttons en beatjump buttons.. but with the hot cue modifiers it doesn't seem to work.

I was wondering if anyone could help me make the led pads beat phase when a hot cue is loaded my mapping

Quote Originally Posted by npapermaster94 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone could help me make the led pads beat phase when a hot cue is loaded my mapping
    The only way to do that is to have at least one track playing at any given moment there is a work around where you have all decks beat phase LED output on all of the things you want to. This work around includes a few modifiers but I have no doubt stewe will be here momentarily with a explanation!
    Mapping Enthusiast
    S4 | X1 | F1 | MF3D

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast