help bringing my vision to reality! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by botstein View Post
    It sounds like you are looking for Ableton Live and an APC40.
    +1
    And while Ableton definitely has a steep learning curve, there is tons of good documentation. Start with YouTube, and the manual. I also found Lynda. Com to be very helpful, though it's ableton not the apc40

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrassdj View Post
    wow that guy is next level.
    Yeah hes pretty nice. I'd say DubFX is a lot better, his sounds are way cleaner
    13" Mbp i7 | TMA-1 | Tech 1200's | RANE TTM-57 | NI Audio 4 | Kontrol S4 | F1 | KrK Rokit 5s

^^ yes! i'm really impressed. his effects work is top notch. even though it's rehearsed it's so good the skeptic in me starts to wonder if he's actually doing it all live.

i wonder if he could hold down a 2 hour set as a headliner. that would be tough.

OK awesome. Thanks for all the replies! I'm looking into all the gear (and the prices) that you've all suggested... Ableton also seems pretty indispensable too.

I checked out kid beyond and DUBFX, so sweet. I like the way dubFX has so much control over his sounds and effects without the use of software. That might be a route I'd like to go down. Kid beyond seems to just be over dubbing on one track? I want to be able to sample sounds to individual tracks (on the fly).

On a side note I was kinda bummed out to find SO MANY DJ's doing similar stuff to what I envisioned. I know it shouldn't matter but yeah...

^^ like who?

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrassdj View Post
    ^^ like who?
    Pretty much all you have to do is type in "beatbox loop" in youtube and you have everyone and their mom trying to do just that. I was just really surprised to see so many people looping beatbox with singing/guitar etc. For looping almost everyone's either using the RC-50 Loop Station (Like DubFX) or Korg Kp3's (Like Beardyman who you should totally check out if you haven't yet).

I'm over it though. The point is to have fun and not worry bout wat everyone else is doing... So I'm just gunna pick up whatever gear I can get for cheap and start experimenting.

Tech Convert

i dont know a whole lot but look into a kaos pad 3 i have one and you can directly take samples from a mic or line input, edit them and put effects on them. but you can only have 4 at a time. might be worth looking into.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12