Midi fighter 3D as effects unit

Default Midi fighter 3D as effects unit

Hi guys,

I'm currently using S2&F1.

During this thanksgiving discount, I want to buy and add the Midi fighter 3D to my DJ setup.

I'm using Remix Deck with F1 now, so I just want to Midi fighter acts as an effects unit. However, Midi Fighter 3D doesn't look proper for this purpose. I'll map the buttons to effects then 3D motion control gonna be useless.

I think Midi Fighter Classic is the best choice for my setup, but I cannot buy them now.

Does Midi Fighter 3D has any advantages as an effects unit than Midi Fighter Classic??

Thanks for reading and hope you have a good day.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebrain View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm currently using S2&F1.

During this thanksgiving discount, I want to buy and add the Midi fighter 3D to my DJ setup.

I'm using Remix Deck with F1 now, so I just want to Midi fighter acts as an effects unit. However, Midi Fighter 3D doesn't look proper for this purpose. I'll map the buttons to effects then 3D motion control gonna be useless.

I think Midi Fighter Classic is the best choice for my setup, but I cannot buy them now.

Does Midi Fighter 3D has any advantages as an effects unit than Midi Fighter Classic??

Thanks for reading and hope you have a good day.
    Motion sensors aside, you got 10 additional buttons comparing to MFclassic. You should wait a bit and see what comes as replacement to classics.

10 extra buttons for a start, not to mention HID
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

I use mine with the deckgratmotion mapping as an effects deck, rather than twisting knobs on the S4. I get a better feel for things pressing buttons and moving the controller backwards/sideways to effect the parameter of the effects rather than the twist motion of a knob.

In fact, i like it so much its part of my set up as my dedicated effects unit, plus you feel a bit more 'involved' with the tunes so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Motion sensors aside, you got 10 additional buttons comparing to MFclassic. You should wait a bit and see what comes as replacement to classics.
    What he said....although that is a sick deal for a MF3D.
    SL1200 MK3D's, Kontrol Z2, Kontrol X1 MKII, Kontrol Z1, KRK Rokit 6's, MacBook Air, Midi Fighter 3D, Midi Fighter Pro, kazoo, gourd banjo.

NEW DEEP FUTURE BASS MIX
    Soundcloud|Mixcrate|Mixcloud|Facebook